Bergara b14hmr accuracy issues

There's no doubt that Bergara puts out some turds, I had one and it left a bad taste in my mouth. Most of them are good shooters though and their CS is decent so the gamble of a dud is still worth it even if you have to send it back for a barrel replacement. The features you get for the $$ are unmatched, they are an excellent value. Yeah you can buy a Tikka and drop it in a stock or chassis but you'll have more $$ in it and Tikka has put out some rifles that didn't shoot too and their CS is a nightmare to deal with. It's a gamble either way.

I still recommend Bergara if it fits the bill, just like I still recommend Tikka. Buying any sort of entry level production rifle you just have to know that it might not be a winner out of the box.
I agree. For me I've been turned off of Begara and Christensen lately because of high volume of complaints of accuracy. And that's just on rokslide, so I can imagine how wide spread it really is.

I personally don't want to deal with sending the gun back and with the 2 brands I've mentioned it seems like it would be a possibility. But like you said, every brand has some lemons.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I agree. For me I've been turned off of Begara and Christensen lately because of high volume of complaints of accuracy. And that's just on rokslide, so I can imagine how wide spread it really is.

I personally don't want to deal with sending the gun back and with the 2 brands I've mentioned it seems like it would be a possibility. But like you said, every brand has some lemons.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Christensen is a brand I’ve been burned by and won’t recommend. I had a 300RUM back in the early/mid 2000’s that shot basketball groups and they said was within spec.

When the MPR’s came out a few years back I decided to give them another try because I had heard they had gotten better. The rifle I received had a chamber .003” shorter than SAAMI minimum, no factory ammo would chamber. I want to see how it would shoot so I sized brass back until it would. Rifle shot pretty good and didn’t have any of the stringing a lot of people still complained about with their barrels. Got ahold to the sales rep and asked to send it back in and just have the chamber reamed and was adamant on not replacing the barrel. Was assured that’s what would happen. ******* retards replaced the barrel anyway. New barrel strung like crazy as it heated up. They ended up replacing the whole rifle after that and I promptly sold it. Never again. CA is garbage and their service guys can’t follow simple instructions.

Did you have any issues with your reloads? My new B14 HMR only feeds FC reloads. Seems the case throat thickness is an issuel
The rifle still won’t hold under an inch with FGMM or the handloads that shoot amazing out of every other 308 I’ve owned. I’m frustrated but decided to rebarrel it to 6creed since I’m a lefty and can save some money instead of going full custom for another action. Hope they square yours away. Seems the growth of the Bergara lineup must have allowed a lack of qc. Seems from some of the guys on here’s replies that they’ve seen more and more bergara issues

The rifle still won’t hold under an inch with FGMM or the handloads that shoot amazing out of every other 308 I’ve owned. I’m frustrated but decided to rebarrel it to 6creed since I’m a lefty and can save some money instead of going full custom for another action. Hope they square yours away. Seems the growth of the Bergara lineup must have allowed a lack of qc. Seems from some of the guys on here’s replies that they’ve seen more and more bergara issues
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep on working my way to get this shoot better.

Try cleaning back down to metal. Had one that opened up a bit and struggled to hold an inch... Cleaned down to bare metal and it was back to 1/2" groups.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Just curious if you ever got that .308 shooting. I have a hmr in .300 win mag. It wouldn’t shoot factory ammo at all. Not even moa with any factory loads. Decided to try berger 168 VLD hunting (I wanted a long range hunting round) and it is amazing. It’s a 1/4 moa gun with them loads. It took some time to work up that load but I now have a gun with 250 rounds total through it that I’ll never have to work up another load through. It seems like with the bergaras I own and have been around, handloads are the way to go. Once you find that sweet spot and bull let/powder combo you can’t beat them

Just curious if you ever got that .308 shooting. I have a hmr in .300 win mag. It wouldn’t shoot factory ammo at all. Not even moa with any factory loads. Decided to try berger 168 VLD hunting (I wanted a long range hunting round) and it is amazing. It’s a 1/4 moa gun with them loads. It took some time to work up that load but I now have a gun with 250 rounds total through it that I’ll never have to work up another load through. It seems like with the bergaras I own and have been around, handloads are the way to go. Once you find that sweet spot and bull let/powder combo you can’t beat them
Yea, but you could buy a Tikka, Sako, Browning or Howa and have a gun that will shoot anything well instead of messing around to the tune of hours of time and hundreds of dollars in ammo.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

I can’t agree with that. I have a browning that wouldn’t shoot factory loads as well. 1.5” groups at 100. The amount of money I spent on factory loads “searching” for the right bullet combo was exhausting. I had around 15 boxes of factory loads that wouldn’t be any different than the next. I did find a Barnes triple shock 180 in a federal premium that was decent tho (comparatively). I started messing with that bullet in handloads and now it’s a half moa gun. I also had the same thing happen on a rem 700 tactical. I never found a load to shoot out of it. Factory or handloads. I ended up selling it for cheap just to be rid of it. All manufactures now days are making good firearms. My wife’s savage axis .243 was a moa gun right out of the box. After break in and working up a hand load for it now it’s a half moa gun. Most people are perfectly fine settling for 1moa or close. I’m not. This people can go out and buy a tikka, sako, Remington, savage etc… and be happy as hell shooting 1.5-1” groups at 100 yards. That’s not for me. I love bergaras. My HMR .300 win mag is unbelievable as far as grouping goes. I’d put that up against any shoulder fired gun out there. Any! It comes down to what you expect from a rifle that’s not custom built specifically for you. If I had a barrel reamed specifically for Berger bullets and it shot them like crap, I’d be upset. From a factory gun with factory ammo, you can expect to find some that just don’t want to shoot the factory stuff.

giphy.gif

Pull the action and check the alum bed block of that stock. Odds are it has overspray on them. Sand then down with 0000 steel wool. I did this and mine started shooting well.

sold the rifle due to weight. Then bought 3 of the bergara sp‘s and they all shoot 3/4 5 shot groups.

Back