Best $1000-$1200 rifle

satchamo

WKR
I’m on the market rather quickly for a new rifle to take on an antelope hunt (fighting a CA that won’t shoot). I’m pretty well settled on a 6.5 as it would be my mule deer rifle as well.

So - here is what I’m narrowed down to (favoring the tikka currently).

Tikka roughtech ember
Savage 110 ultralight
Bergara b14 wilderness with carbon fiber barrel

I want light(ish) gun but not at the expensive of shooting quality. It will more than likely wear a suppressor as I have a ddf enticer in jail. So I am a bit hesitant on the tikka for it’s longer barrel.

What would be your pick of these 3? Are there any others I should consider at this price point?

LightFoot

WKR
CA is has a new team for customer service, so it seems like they are trying to correct the issues that many of us experienced.

That said….

I’d still go with the Tikka. They are consistent, have a short bolt throw, good trigger, and can take a prefit barrel when you get ready for a change.

Hard to go wrong with one of their cerakoted and threaded versions. (i.e. Wideland Veil or Alpine Veil) Those might be a bit over budget. The regular stainless would save a few dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roughtech Ember gets my vote.. I have the same rifle and it checks all the boxes now and allows for easy adjustments later if you need/want to make changes.. Good luck with your final choice..

Lytro

WKR
I probably wouldn't touch anything with a carbon barrel that's priced that low. The Savage Ultralights are pretty unimpressive and sloppy.

I'd say tikka if you want to tinker with it later on. I wouldn't look past Browning X-bolts in that price range either. Mags have plenty of space if you handload.

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt see the carbon barrel part, thats a pretty low price point for a carbon barrel. I thought he was looking at the steel barrel B-14 wilderness vs the T3x lite. Ive got a Premier Highlander and its a pig.
Tikka roughtech ember in 6.5 prc - 7.1 lbs
Bergara carbon wilderness in 6.5 prc - 6.6 lbs.

Last edited:
I didnt see the carbon barrel part, thats a pretty low price point for a carbon barrel. Ive got a Premier Highlander and its a pig.
I’ve got a premier mountain and it’s light. Also have an approach and it’s quite heavy. All depends on what model you want.

axeforce6

WKR
I’d bet they have your rifle back in plenty of time. Give them a chance to make it right.