Best binoculars around 1k?

WesternMDShooter

Lil-Rokslider
In the market for new binos and I don’t have the money for swaros or zeiss what other brands would be comparable for around 1k. Thanks for the input. I want to get either 10 power or 12s.

Woitey

FNG
I have a Meopta spotter, an Optkia 6 scope, and a Cabelas HD bino that was made by Meopta. All of them were reasonably priced and better quality than they should have been. I own two Swarovski Z6i's, and a Lecia Magnus rifle scope, and a first-gen Swaro EL. I am convinced that the best glass still comes from Europe. FWIW.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Buy a used pair. That's where the best value is. Buy Vortex Razor HD with confidence, it is very good glass and you have the warranty. Worst case, you can resell it for what you paid, or if you watch, you can even make money on it.

Woitey

FNG
That's actually great advice. You can buy Alpha glass on ebay from a dealer who took it in trade from some birdwatcher who wants the latest and greatest. And Camera Land has some 10/32 Lecias HD's for 950 bucks. New.

renagde

WKR
Maven B2 or Sig Zulu 9. Identical glass, just in different armor for the different brands. Or you might be able to find a pair of the Sig Zulu 10s for around that price.

In my experience, my Zulu 9 11x45 kept up with the Vortex UHD 12x50s and you can find them for a few hundred dollars less.

OP
W

WesternMDShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking at the mavens, I just see a lot of them for sale and didn’t know if people didn’t like them or what

Jkean949

FNG
I was looking at the mavens, I just see a lot of them for sale and didn’t know if people didn’t like them or what
...and now I am going to be watching the classifieds for some Maven B1.2

Have you tried going to the nearest big box store to have a look and hopefully get them to let you try at dusk?

Agross

WKR
Maven b2 and b1.2 are both great binos . Meopta meostars are great glass as well for the money. I’m actually gonna be listing a pair of b2’s soon. Nothing wrong with them, I just love trying different glass.

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on what you’re doing, Zulu6 HDX. For my purposes I prefer them over NLs.

Meopta, kowa, GPO, razor hd’s, Leica Trinovid new, or shop some used slc/el’s. Saw a pair of 10x42 el field pros go for 1200 fresh from Swaro warranty shop cleaned and re coated. Don’t think you would be disappointed in any of the above.

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought new Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42 for under $700 from Optics Planet. Leaves you some money for other fun.

I've also gotten some great deals on optics using the classifieds here.
Check cameraland for demo deals.

JStol5

WKR
I got used ELs for $1400. Was a little more than I wanted to spend but it was either that or $1100 Maven B6s. I’m glad I scrounged the extra money together for alpha glass.

Antares

WKR
The Meopta Meostar 12x50s I have listed in the classifieds for $950 are a great value and I'm honestly a bit surprised they haven't sold yet. I've had 3 pairs of Meostars (8x42. 12x50, and 15x56) and they've all been excellent.