Best Boots for wearing all day and walking?

I need some boots that I can multi-task, work, hunting, shooting and wear them all day, walking on concrete, in the woods and last longer than a year under abuse........Redwings couldnt take my abuse. :(

DougG

FNG
This may not be at all what you are looking for however, I purchased two pair of Danner Pronghorn boots at Cabelas in 2008 for an elk hunt in Idaho. I have worn them deer hunting every year and four elk hunts after 2008. In addition to that, one of the two pair gets worn every day in the winter when I shovel or walk the dog.
They are not the greatest mountain boots known to man but, they didn't require a break in period to be comfortable and have held up well ever since. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if I needed them.
You may be much tougher on your boots than I am but, I would be surprised if you didn't get at least a couple of years out of them before they were worn out.

OP
K
How do you think they would do for your knees/legs walking on concrete at work 8-10 hrs?

DougG

FNG
That is a great question. I don't know that they would be any more comfortable than any other boot on the concrete however, I am typically walking the dog for 1 to 2 hours a day on the concrete. Of course I am only wearing these boots to walk the dog in the winter (so 3 or 4 months of the year here in WI).
I don't know that these boots are known for being tough but, they have surprised me with how long they have lasted. Also, I would say that a backpack elk hunt in the mountains definitely felt like it put a year's worth of wear on my boots (and me). Again, these boots were purchased in 2008, so I don't know if they have made them better, or worse in the time that has passed.... I'm just saying that I have not had to find out because, they just keep on going.
I hope that this helps!
Good Luck!

I've seen ironworkers, millworkers, electricians, pipe fitters, etc. get a year if not more out of Thorogood wedge sole work boots. Had a buddy that hunts in them as well and he never complains. Made in the USA as well.

jmez

WKR
I've seen ironworkers, millworkers, electricians, pipe fitters, etc. get a year if not more out of Thorogood wedge sole work boots. Had a buddy that hunts in them as well and he never complains. Made in the USA as well.

This. I wear them all day on concrete at work. Take my dogs out as time allows, 2 GSP's, at least a few times per week. They will hold up and are comfortable.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Im looking BOTH of these up. Thank you gentlemen. Im pretty abusive on my boots. I have a prosthetic leg and I do maintenance in a glass factory plus all of my outside activities. Hunting, shooting, fishing, working. So Im definetely going to look into both of these brands. My Redwings and Wolverines have just not stood up to my abuse so far.