Best budget thumb release

I’m thinking about getting a thumb release… I don’t really want to spend a whole lot on one just yet so what do you guys think is the best budget one there is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy something nice so if you decide it’s not for you it can be sold for minimal loss and it won’t end up as another treasure in your junk drawer. My vote would be https://www.carterenterprises.com/releases/thumb-trigger/wise-choice
Or

Reactions: ZDR

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I went on archerytalk and got a used stan release for $135 when I wanted to try one. I was and am still very happy with it. I would say to buy a used one from one of the more reputable companies instead of buying a cheap one. Tru fire, Stan, B3, and Carter to name a few.

Wheels

WKR
I use a Tru Fire 4 finger release and have had no issues with it, they’re about $75.
Make sure whatever you get to put a wrist strap on it.

any used carter stan or tru ball. if you dont like you can sell and get your $ back. tru ball has a couple like the rave that can be found for under 100 used. i like stan shootoffs

Jbxl20

WKR
I’m thinking about getting a thumb release… I don’t really want to spend a whole lot on one just yet so what do you guys think is the best budget one there is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPOT HOGG WHIPPER SNAPPER. New they run about $100. I picked up a used one last year for half that and really like it. I also shoot a true fire sear hinge but can’t bring myself to hunt with it yet.

Wapiti1

WKR
I've been happy with a Scott Summit and have used a couple of Spot Hoggs, and the Hot Shot Vapor. All in that 100 bones area. All good releases, IMO.

I see a few Chinese knock offs show up at shoots, and they are really hit and miss in quality. One was a Truball blade copy, and it was pretty good. Others were Carter copies, and weren't worth a shit. You could tell the sear was soft, and they wouldn't last.

Jeremy

BigWoods

WKR
Third vote for the Whipper Snapper. It's a bit more than the cheapest options but much more nicely put together. Crisp and quiet release and easy to hook on the d ring with just your thumb

Zac

WKR
I believe the Whipper Snapper is a very light trigger, so just keep that in mind if you go that route.

Jermh

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the whipper snapper. I've got 2 and they've been solid. Especially for the price difference from higher end releases

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
hard to beat a Scott Pursuit for hunting. I don't use the wrist strap just hook it to the D loop.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the same boat. Just want to get something cheap to see if i like it and don't want to have to sell something if I don't.
Once again, someone on AT asks a specific question and everyones responses are outside the parameter of the question.
"Whats a decent cheap one?"
Here's a bunch of expensive ones
...gee, thanks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Im in the same boat. Just want to get something cheap to see if i like it and don't want to have to sell something if I don't.
Once again, someone on AT asks a specific question and everyones responses are outside the parameter of the question.
"Whats a decent cheap one?"
Here's a bunch of expensive ones
...gee, thanks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I just picked up a used Carter on AT. There's a bunch for sale from cheap to expensive. I tried the Hot Shot Vapor previously which I bought used for 70ish.

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I started off with a TruBall Max thumb release and then moved to a couple more expensive ones but I still like and shoot the Tru Ball. I like the rotating head on it so I don't worry about torqing the D loop and I like how quiet it is. It would make a fine hunting release.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
For an inexpensive (compared to top brands) thumb that is decent, I'd recommend the B3 Exit Pro. About $150 new. Has travel adjustment, poundage adjustment, can adjust the 3rd finger arm in/out to suit you. Comes with a longer and a shorter 3rd finger arm.

Wish I could remember the name of the one I got. Got it 3 years ago to see if I liked the thumb release. Tru Fire something. Can be 3 or 4 finger, has a wire you can remove if you don’t want to hang release from D loop. I like it and have gotten attached to it so haven’t upgraded yet! Was $110ish.

I got this hot shot release for my first and I loved it. It's super simple and very quiet. Hooks on to the d loop easily. I still have it as a back up after I got my nock2it.