Best cheaper trail cameras

rkramer

FNG
Hey guys, I’m looking to get a few trail cameras for Midwest whitetail, so nothing too fancy. What have you guys had the most luck with for cameras around $60 or so?

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Usually find great deals on multi packs of tasco, wildgame at end of season usually in January found 4 pack at tractor supply january of this year for $75 I've found them at home depot cheap too

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Out of all of mine wildgame innovation have lasted the longest been getting about 6yrs out of them

Matt mi

Lil-Rokslider
Have some bushnell for 4 yrs but they don't trigger as well as wildgame I set 2 or 3 different brands on a set up cause I thought I wasn't getting as many pics as I should with bushnell even with full battery. I would be in stand watch deer go by them and wasnt any pics on them

I bought 2 apeman cams alittle over a year ago. Had a couple problems with them, one will only take pictures and the other will only take videos.

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
I run cheap cameras. In most of the places I hunt, there's just too much traffic on public land. It's surprising the places I'll put cameras and still catch people cruising through. I don't trust a $200 camera to not grow legs and walk off.

I've had decent luck with Moultrie's A25 and A35 cameras. There's absolutely better options out there but for $60 new and $40ish refurbished from Moultrie's website, they've served me well.

The only issue I've ever had is needing to recalibrate the IR camera. Simple thing to do.

Chris F

FNG
I did the camofire deal; Three stealthcam BT12's for $118 ($135 delivered = $45ea). I can't say that they're the best cheap cams, but they do work. I think trigger speed might be lacking a bit, the menu takes some figuring (RTFM as they say). But video is clear (no date stamp), stills are clear, IR illuminator has a visible low glow...but I'm seeing the animal activity I was anticipating.

Last edited:

1sickLT1

FNG
I'm using StealthCam PX20's that I got on markdown at Walmart for ~$55 each. Great cams for the money.

Jimss

WKR
You might take a look at Campark t45a. I used mine all last summer in Wyo and all winter here in Colo. I spent twice as much on a couple Brownings and they aren't near as dependable. The t45a isn't the most solid design but at only $45 and how reliable it is even in cold/winter conditions it's a bargain.