Best Cold Weather Pants?

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
I've got almost no experience hunting in colder weather. Sometimes we hunt ducks below 20 but that involves sitting and sometimes a heater.

I've got an 11 day mule deer hunt in Nov where I expect to encounter 10-20 degree weather. Do I need a heavier pant? I have Kuiu attacks and long johns, not sure what to expect hiking around in cold weather. Normally I'm more worried about rain out here in Western Washington

sneaky

"DADDY"
I run Sitka Timberlines in cold weather, or cold and windy I run Sitka Stratus pants or bibs with the windstopper. That stuff is awesome for cold windy weather, quiet too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those Attacks will be pretty light weight for those temps. I run the Kuiu Guide in those temps and keep a pair of the Kuiu zip off long underwear with me in the event I stop and glass for an extended period of time.

Kuiu guides are the best I have found for that range. Unless it’s really hot they are about all I use from mid October on through November. The attacks are my other main pant and they are fine with long underwear in those temps but any wind or wet weather and you will be thankful for the guides.

Zbot

WKR
I run the timberlines here....no worries with sitting down in snow or being cold. They are hard to beat.