Best Elk Hunting Boots With Minimal Break-In For Early Oct. Elk Hunt

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Did not plan on a elk hunt this year. Got a opportunity to hunt New Mexico with a buddy in Oct. I am down south working and all of my gear except for rifle, ammo and optics are in storage in Colorado. What’s a good boot for mid season elk hunting that has a minimal break in period?

Meindl, Irish Setter, and Whites. I can personally recommend those three, for what you're thinking of doing.

FlyGuy

WKR
Another vote for the Solomon Quest for easy peasy breakin. I’ve bought a lot of more expensive boots but these are my favorite for 4 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone's foot is different. Crispis shred my feet even after break in. Kenetrek corries had no issues for me. Same with kene mountain extreme. Corries were almost immediately broken in for me. Mountain extremes took a bit but not long.

No matter the boot my opinion is ya gotta break your feet in for mountain hunting regardless. I prefer a stiff boot though, others may not.

No matter the boot my opinion is ya gotta break your feet in for mountain hunting regardless.

This is absolutely correct. If you don't have tough feet, well worn and completely conditioned, it doesn't matter a whit what you wear in the backcountry.

Rokwiia

WKR
I had very good results with Schnees. The Timberlines were worn right out of the box without issue. I also got a pair of Absaroka from Schnee which fit like a glove and had a short break-in period thereafter. I think the Granite Mid is the successor to that although Schnee would be better to ask.

OP
M

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
I do have a pair of Asolo hiking boots with me, but they are pretty tight to fit warmer socks if the weather gets cold or snowy. The Salomon Quest sound like a possible choice. I will not be back packing and primarily doing day hunts, morning and late afternoons. I also have high arches and Plantar fascia so proper fit and some after market insoles will be used. I like a 6” high boots with not to soft of a sole. I prefer light weight boots.

TxLite

WKR
I had very good results with Schnees. The Timberlines were worn right out of the box without issue.
I have had the same experience with the timberlines and have thoroughly enjoyed them while hunting wt, axis, hogs and elk. They’ve been a great general purpose boot for me with no break in period

pwdrski

FNG
Did not plan on a elk hunt this year. Got a opportunity to hunt New Mexico with a buddy in Oct. I am down south working and all of my gear except for rifle, ammo and optics are in storage in Colorado. What’s a good boot for mid season elk hunting that has a minimal break in period?
I've had real good luck with Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. Quick break in, but get.as many hikes in as possible to get your feet in shape as well as your boots.

Salomon Quest. I can wear them out of the box.

Another vote for the Solomon Quest for easy peasy breakin. I’ve bought a lot of more expensive boots but these are my favorite for 4 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These. They won't last as long as some of the others but everyone I know with them, including myself, hasn't even bothered to break them in more than slapping them on around the house or wearing to work for a few days.