Best hot tent

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Take a look at Tentipi's Nordic tipi's. Tentipi is a legendary Swedish brand designed for Arctic conditions, intended to be used as a hot tent from the beginning.

egbateson

FNG
I have the Luxe Octopeak and have put in through the ringer the last three seasons here in western MT. While it did tear a seam slightly on the first setup nothing has gone wrong since. My only two gripes are the stove placement(right next to the door) which restricts access to one side. The other is the door itself, it doesnt zip all the way to the tent top like other brands. That being said it’s a damn good started hot tent if you don’t want to break the bank.

CodyAK

Lil-Rokslider
Another cimarron user here. Definitely a fan and doable for two people and gear. I would go up one size larger just to have the extra room.

SteveinMN

FNG
Does anyone have any experience with the Peregrine Boreal HT(hot tent)? At the price it looks interesting!
View attachment 428564
My wife calls me cheap, but really I like to think of myself as thrifty. Anyway, based on the price I couldn't help myself and bought this and the titanium stove to go with it, they shipped next day and it arrived Friday. Initial setup was easy and quick. Quality appears to be just fine and even has pre-sealed seams which isn't a huge deal but nice. It even came with the right number of stakes and guy out lines which I honestly didn't expect at the price point. I will say the pole it ships with is heavy (aluminum) but I plan on using hiking poles for set up as I really only use those for the hike in/out. The stove arrived missing a part (damper was not in the package). I emailed them and got a response same day and they are shipping the missing part to me.

All that said it has NOT been put to the test yet but my initial impression of the product and company is good. I bought this to use for CO rifle for myself and my two teenage boys because my oldest is STILL complaining about how cold he was last year. I figure we can go to bed warm, if he's cold overnight he can light the stove, and we can thaw our boots and heat water in the morning before heading out. With the tent setup with the stove inside it will be tight but doable for us, would really be awesome for 2 and the stove. Our packs are just going to live outside so we have enough space inside for the 3 of us.

Once I actually get a few nights in it I'll post a better review instead of just first impressions. Feel free to DM me if you have any burning questions.

Last edited:

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
My wife calls me cheap, but really I like to think of myself as thrifty. Anyway, based on the price I couldn't help myself and bought this and the titanium stove to go with it, they shipped next day and it arrived Friday. Initial setup was easy and quick. Quality appears to be just fine and even has pre-sealed seams which isn't a huge deal but nice. It even came with the right number of stakes and guy out lines which I honestly didn't expect at the price point. I will say the pole it ships with is heavy (aluminum) but I plan on using hiking poles for set up as I really only use those for the hike in/out. The stove arrived missing a part (damper was not in the package). I emailed them and got a response same day and they are shipping the missing part to me.

All that said it has NOT been put to the test yet but my initial impression of the product and company is good. I bought this to use for CO rifle for myself and my two teenage boys because my oldest is STILL complaining about how cold he was last year. I figure we can go to be warm, if he's cold overnight he can light the stove, and we can thaw our boots and heat water in the morning before heading out. With the tent setup with the stove inside it will be tight but doable for us, would really be awesome for 2 and the stove. Our packs are just going to live outside so we have enough space inside for the 3 of us.

Once I actually get a few nights in it I'll post a better review instead of just first impressions. Feel free to DM me if you have any burning questions.
Awesome! So far it sounds worth it to buy from the company. I would love to hear about your experience with it this season.

SteveinMN

FNG
Awesome! So far it sounds worth it to buy from the company. I would love to hear about your experience with it this season.

So just to update, I ended up not using this because it just wasn’t big enough for me and my two teenagers with the stove in it. Without the stove would have been fine. Ended up going with the SO Redcliff and can’t imagine ever going back for the 3 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLeeC10

FNG
Last year in a freak windstorm my redcliff was ripped off our heads in pitch black... not the most enjoyable way to wake up. Anyway, an entire corner had ripped off causing it to become a parachute. But Seek entirely covered repairs for the tent with zero charge to me. So, just so you know, they are pretty easy to work with on warranty/repair. I expected to be paying for it, and they didn't take a dime from me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good to know! I’ve been looking into buying a Cimarron or a Kifaru Sawtooth.. leaning Cimarron and this supports that!