Best method to get stink out of yeti?

I didn't even read the replies because I know I have tried them all. The dish soap/baking soda/peroxide, the bleach, leaving it in the sun, boiling water, everything.

One time a stink was so persistent nothing could remove it until: I put charcoal briquettes, like for your grill, in it. Closed the lid and let it sit a few weeks. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and it was completely cured. I was about to trash that Yeti, too, that was my last ditch effort.

On a side note, we bought my wife a used vehicle and it had a lot of air freshener smell in it, likely to cover up another stink. We put a few charcoal briquettes under all the seats and in a couple weeks it was odorless.

sasquatch

WKR
Leave it out in the blazing sun a while. It’ll go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CTx7.3

FNG
I didn't even read the replies because I know I have tried them all. The dish soap/baking soda/peroxide, the bleach, leaving it in the sun, boiling water, everything.

One time a stink was so persistent nothing could remove it until: I put charcoal briquettes, like for your grill, in it. Closed the lid and let it sit a few weeks. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and it was completely cured. I was about to trash that Yeti, too, that was my last ditch effort.

On a side note, we bought my wife a used vehicle and it had a lot of air freshener smell in it, likely to cover up another stink. We put a few charcoal briquettes under all the seats and in a couple weeks it was odorless.

I’ll be giving this a try. I think I’ve tried just about everything else too.

Clean with bleach and dry. Then out a box of baking soda and stuff it full of newspaper and then close the lid. I did this on a freezer I had go bad from a tripped breaker. Ruined all of my meat. Weeks later I found it. Thought for sure it was trash. Good as new after doing the above.

Yoder

WKR
I would think all of the magic scent killing sprays would have to remove any scent from anything. According to the bottle you just spray it on and forget the wind.

OP
D

danimalrx

FNG

I am really excited to try this. Nothing else has worked, so fingers crossed. It also makes complete sense that this world work. Thank you!

Throw it away, and stop supporting business that don’t support gun rights. That would sure get rid of the smell 😜

Trial153

WKR
Make sure you scrub out the drain plug hole good ....dont ask how i know that

WCB

WKR
I use white vinegar...had a few cooler including a soft sided that I didn't wash the blood out of and had used game bags in it. Left it over winter and didn't realize it till spring when I opened one and almost added to the mess.

Pour in a bunch white vinegar and some water. I even through a little dish soap in for fun. Let it sit a day or so. Rinse out. We almost have zero use for bleach as we use vinegar for almost everything.

Haha, yes! I forgot to do this this year, just opened my cooler over the weekend, nasty!

Also, when storing, don't leave the drain plug in, and put a small cloth holding the lid open a quarter inch or so. The additional air circulation will help keep them from stinking up. I also sprinkle a little bit of baking soda, or a few charcoal briquettes in an old (clean lol) sock. The charcoal neutralizes lots of odors.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I would spray it down, then heavily dust it with baking soda so it sticks to all the surfaces. Leave it for 24-48 hours, then wash it.

If it still smells, I know a guy who use to deliver chicken for KFC and he swore the same method with fine ground Folgers was the best way to get rid of the smell.

Edit: I wonder how adding ground up charcoal would do. Yes, I'm ripping ideas from @Dos Perros