Best Rangefinder under $600

Hey all, im in the market for a new rangefinder and am really struggling on what i should go with. I typically buy Vortex for optics but i am by no means married to that decision. I have buddies that use Leica and they seem to like them, the new Vortex Razor 4000 looks like it could be pretty solid, and the Leupold full draw 4 looks good on paper but when i tried one at TAC this year it was fairly inconsistent for me.

I will be using this rangefinder for both rifle and archery, and probably wont ever need it to go further than 1200. So with that being said, give me pros and cons of what you've used or seen, again trying to hold that $600 mark.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Just got the vortex you mentioned. Haven’t gotten to use it yet, but a big factor for me was warranty. I don’t worry so much about warranty with glass and get top end, but something about electronics makes me want something more than a few year warranty when spending that much money. That said, my old rangefinder is probably 15 years old and still works fine...

We run Leupold RX-2800s and could not be happier. Easily ranging on hair at 1200+ and getting good accurate ranges while hunting. They can be found for around 400 if you shop around too.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey all, im in the market for a new rangefinder and am really struggling on what i should go with. I typically buy Vortex for optics but i am by no means married to that decision. I have buddies that use Leica and they seem to like them, the new Vortex Razor 4000 looks like it could be pretty solid, and the Leupold full draw 4 looks good on paper but when i tried one at TAC this year it was fairly inconsistent for me.

I will be using this rangefinder for both rifle and archery, and probably wont ever need it to go further than 1200. So with that being said, give me pros and cons of what you've used or seen, again trying to hold that $600 mark.
If you have any questions on the Razor HD 4000, please let me know!

Foster_65

FNG
i have heard great things about Leica, but SW is have a great sale on the kilo 1800 right now. check out the classified gear deals. i dont know a ton about sig, just hear a bunch about them. i ordered one but will be the first sig anything i have had in hand. figured i couldnt go wrong for the price.

The best Leica you can afford within your budget. You won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of other good ones out there but Leica seems to be consistently good, buy it and forget it.

Jordan86

FNG
I will a second the Leica 2400-R. This is the best rangefinder I’ve ever used. I previously owned Leupold and Vortex. This is much better quality and actually ranges out to 2400 (in ideal conditions obviously). I could never get my other rangefinders to range half of the advertised range. This seems like a common attribute of most rangefinders. Not Leica, I can usually range out to 2000 in all conditions but intense fog, rain, or snow. In good conditions, it ranges its full 2400. Also, the glass in phenomenal. When archery hunting, I often use my Leica rangefinder to glass ahead with one hand. It’s an outstanding little optic for quick glassing with one hand.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm looking at the Leica 2400R. I ordered a Sig Kilo 1600, then realized it is only IPX4 (splash) rated and cancelled the order. Vortex clames "o-ring sealed" but does not have an actual rating. The 2400R is also about 4 ounces lighter than the Razor 4000.

Glad to see people are happy with the 2400R.

ZDR

WKR
Same here, I ordered a Sig Kilo1800 and sent it back after realizing it was on splash rated. What a disappointment. I ended up getting a Vortex Razor 4000 and its impressive.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I called @Camera Land and ordered the 2400R. For me, weight was what got me to go Leica over the Razor 4000. I think the Razor has better electronics, but both out strip my needs and I'm at the point where dropping ounces is very expensive.

Reactions: ZDR
I picked up the Razor 4000 last week and have been ranging constantly with it over the past 5 days.

Longest frange so far is 1937 yards to the water tower and I was able to range some horses at 1187 yards.

I really like the angle compensation for shorter shots/bow hunting. When the unit is in line of sight mode, the angle from the user to the target is displayed above the yardage. This is a neat feature that will help with longer range shots.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
We run Leupold RX-2800s and could not be happier. Easily ranging on hair at 1200+ and getting good accurate ranges while hunting. They can be found for around 400 if you shop around too.
I had a 1200 yard Leupold that I was not thrilled with, but I bought the 2800 and I AM thrilled. Ranging to 1500 yards is instant and 2000 yards is easily doable. Plus it has DNA

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Bereli has the Kilo 2200BDX for $299 and a 10 percent of your first order if you sign up for their email list. $270 is quite a deal