Best western magazine

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it would be interesting to find out opinions on everyone’s favorite western hunting magazine. I’ve subscribed to Eastmans and Western Hunter, Bugle. But I want to know what everyone else likes the most? Let me hear those opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was Extreme Elk........then Western Hunter bought it, then they got rid of it.
Extreme Elk was the magazine I was writing for when I bumped into @robby denning at a media event. It wasn't but a few months later I was writing for Rokslide.

I don't have any subscriptions these days but I thumb through an Eastman's every now and then for the photos. For content, it's all online for me.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Extreme Elk was the magazine I was writing for when I bumped into @robby denning at a media event. It wasn't but a few months later I was writing for Rokslide.

I don't have any subscriptions these days but I thumb through an Eastman's every now and then for the photos. For content, it's all online for me.

And I’m thankful we met that day!

Love Bugle...my dad's a life member, I always steal his copies...:p...the writing is fantastic. Hunt Alaska has some great articles as well...

OP
Chad.frank

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I was reading my physical copy of Bugle the other night, and literally put two fingers on a picture, and tried enlarging it. Too much screen time for me!

Haha yeah I’ve done that before. It’s nice to be able to expand the pictures on the digital side. But for me there is something about holding that book or magazine in my hands.

Western Hunter & Eastmans : My favorites. I do like Bugle magazine and read it as I've been a member since they started. It's an excellent magazine also. I like to be able to read about every day people like myself having great experiences that they are so willing to share with us all.

David

I like to hold a magazine or book in my hand and read what is in it over looking at a computer screen and doing the same thing. It's just more pleasurable for me. I close the page with a slip of paper to mark the last page I was on and I pick up the next day and know right where to start from.