Binocular Decision

Beendare

WKR
You are getting good advice on 10x being better all around for western hunting. I like to pair my tens with a set of 15‘s if I’m doing a lot of glassing off of a tripod....but if only buying one set- get the 10’s.

in your price range compare the Nikon, and Leopold against the next step up Meoptas.

ncstewart

WKR
I haven’t read all the responses first off. I’d look to see if the vipers were still on sale and go with 10’s if they are. My bro got a set for like $300 the other day.
If not then ya might look used since you got a lot of time before your hunt. I picked up a pair of razor 8’s for like 500 a while back. I use them for mule deer in the prairie and while extra power would be nice I didn’t feel to underpowered. I could tell if frame was good then get close to look. Mountain hunting I would want more power tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentivan

FNG
I own few binoculars: Meopta, Vortex, Nikon. Today I prefer Nikon Laser Force Rangefinder. As a rangefinder, you not only have the ability to acquire distances on targets, but you have this feature for up to 1,900 yards. That's some extreme yardage right there. With very long distances in mind, you'll need angle compensation to make adjustments for bullet drop. Also eyecups are very comfortable for your eyes. But I don't forget to use my other binos - it depends on situation.