Black Rifle Coffee Company

I like that the BRCC instant singles aren’t flavored. Not a big deal, but a preference.

Does anyone know for sure…?
It looks to me like the BRCC singles are literally coffee powder. Is there a freeze dried element or “extras” added?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know for a fact that Starbucks via is micro grind beans (not freeze dried but very finally ground beans). I think I recall Evan saying brcc is a hybrid of freeze dried and micrgrinds.

I know for a fact that Starbucks via is micro grind beans (not freeze dried but very finally ground beans). I think I recall Evan saying brcc is a hybrid of freeze dried and micrgrinds.

Yes I think you're fairly accurate.

When I backpack camp, i bring turkish ground coffee.. AKA coffee powder. Add it to hot water, stir it for a couple minutes and let the grinds settle

4ester

WKR
I’ve compared the BRCC instants with the Starbucks ViA. Both are better then a lot of the instant coffees, but I give the edge to the Black Rifle.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve compared the BRCC instants with the Starbucks ViA. Both are better then a lot of the instant coffees, but I give the edge to the Black Rifle.

Is there only one roast flavor of the BRCC instant,? I know that Starbucks has multiple roasts in their Via

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Is there only one roast flavor of the BRCC instant,? I know that Starbucks has multiple roasts in their Via
BRCC only offers one flavor in their Instant Coffee packs. It's a medium-dark roast according to their website. I'm not a fan of Starbucks normally but I think their Via is better than the BRCC.

The BRCC Steep Bags are delicious IMO. My wife and I both loved them. The only thing that may keep me from using them exclusively for my backpacking coffee is the price. I feel that $1.50 per cup is pretty steep for coffee even though I really like it.

My current go-to backcountry coffee is the Folgers Single Serve bags which cost $0.40 on Amazon. I don't think they are as good as the BRCC Steep bags but at a third of the price, it will be hard for me to switch.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
BRCC only offers one flavor in their Instant Coffee packs. It's a medium-dark roast according to their website. I'm not a fan of Starbucks normally but I think their Via is better than the BRCC.

The BRCC Steep Bags are delicious IMO. My wife and I both loved them. The only thing that may keep me from using them exclusively for my backpacking coffee is the price. I feel that $1.50 per cup is pretty steep for coffee even though I really like it.

My current go-to backcountry coffee is the Folgers Single Serve bags which cost $0.40 on Amazon. I don't think they are as good as the BRCC Steep bags but at a third of the price, it will be hard for me to switch.
👊

Hunter6

WKR
I’ve used their coffee for a few years now. I’m actually drinking it right now.

That said I have tried most instant coffee brands for mountain Adventurers over the years and BRCC is by far the best tasting “black” coffee from instant packs.

I word definitely consider my self a coffee snob. But hey I live in Oregon so that’s expected .

tracker12

WKR
We stop by there place in Georgia on our yearly pig hunt. Works great in our French press campaign.

OP
William Hanson (live2hunt)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using the tea bag style single serve brew bags a fair bit lately and they are by far the best of those I have used.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bootstrap

Lil-Rokslider
You could always buy tea filter bags and put whatever coffee you wanted to in them and make your own steep bags. You can pick these up for about .01 - .03 apiece.