blackhorn 209 and thor

bnsafe

WKR
ok, do I need a wad for this, or just use the powder and thor bullets. I havnt sized yet but I do have the sizing pack in my hand and gonna. I am hoping to not use any wads.
If it matters this will be going out of a tc impact and cva wolf.

Yep - probably no wad needed. If your TC Impact has the QLA, you may find that it will not shoot conicals (including the Thors) well. Many of the QLAs were not perfectly centered with the bores. You may have to use an MMP sub base under it.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
I shot the tc maxi balls out of it a few years ago and it did well at 100. Im not shooting over a hundred so if I can get 3 moa I should be good.

Firehawk

WKR
No need for a wad with the Thor and BH209. Work great out of my CVA Accura MRX. Definitely use the sizer pack to determine which bullet for your rifle. I was kind of shocked at the difference .001 makes in how these bullets fit in a barrel.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
thanks guys, I have the sizers in house, just put a eeab peep rail on it, gonna change the breech plug to a new one at some point. all I am lacking are magnum 209 primers then im set. Prob just shoot 777 out of it this year and work up a load next year.