Blackhorn 209 in stock

First post here, figured I'd share a link to Blackhorn availability.

BassPro has 8oz bottles of Blackhorn 209 in stock, price is steep but if you're feeling a bit desperate you might consider a purchase.

Bass Pro Blackhorn 209

Cheers,

-Kiwi

sneaky

"DADDY"
The new containers are all 8oz I think. Subtle screwing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
I paid about $65/10oz earlier this year. Sucks to pay the price but if you want it and in stock I would gladly pay a little extra to have it and be done. Don’t use a lot so last for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Holy crap. I bought a 5lb'er before Covid for $200, and was already ordering about 20lbs of H1000, Ramshot BG, and Hunter so the hazmat came to about $1/lb. $170 for one pound......I'd sell the ML's before I did that. Wow.

ENCORE

WKR
Swiss 3f black is only $30/lb

Others cheaper than that.

Might be worth it to learn how to use the real stuff.
Wait......... When shooters/hunters realize how bad it is, watch the price and availability of everything else go. Real black will skyrocket too. T7, well one might be lucky to find it closer to the opening of the seasons.

FrontierGander

Lil-Rokslider
They can keep it.

Anyone that's ready to wiggle into some buckskins and head to the woods with a flinter or sidelock, I'd be more than happy to help along.

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
Production must be ramping- its showing up at Sportsmans Warehouse (finally) for $48. Just got some Sunday. Unfortunately they don't ship.

ENCORE

WKR
Production must be ramping- its showing up at Sportsmans Warehouse (finally) for $48. Just got some Sunday. Unfortunately they don't ship.
Wal-Marts have it for $36.88
Although each store is only getting 5 bottles and they are 8oz not the normal 10oz.

GCMan

FNG
I have an 8 oz. new bottle and 9 oz. (had 1 oz. extra from my first bottle). All bottles from this year and yes, they went from 10 oz. to 8 oz. My first bottle in the spring was 10 oz. I would trade or sell. Just PM me. I am getting rid of it because it does not work in my CVA wolf. Let me rephrase , it work 90% of the time. I have the proper plug called for but almost every first shot fails, no matter now much I clean, different primers, I'm done with it. The primer goes off and no ignition of the Blackhorn 209 but the primer has enough energy to send the powder charge and bullet out the end for the barrel without igniting the Blackhorn 209? How is that even possible? I have done everything in my power to get the plug ultra clean. including compressed air after detailed cleaning. I picked up a bottle of Triple777 FFFG and never had any misfires, same setup, same person cleaning the rifle and plug. I have make my choice of which power I am using for elk hunting in September 2022.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have an 8 oz. new bottle and 9 oz. (had 1 oz. extra from my first bottle). All bottles from this year and yes, they went from 10 oz. to 8 oz. My first bottle in the spring was 10 oz. I would trade or sell. Just PM me. I am getting rid of it because it does not work in my CVA wolf. Let me rephrase , it work 90% of the time. I have the proper plug called for but almost every first shot fails, no matter now much I clean, different primers, I'm done with it. The primer goes off and no ignition of the Blackhorn 209 but the primer has enough energy to send the powder charge and bullet out the end for the barrel without igniting the Blackhorn 209? How is that even possible? I have done everything in my power to get the plug ultra clean. including compressed air after detailed cleaning. I picked up a bottle of Triple777 FFFG and never had any misfires, same setup, same person cleaning the rifle and plug. I have make my choice of which power I am using for elk hunting in September 2022.
Which primer were you using with the BH209 that you were having all the issues with? Not all 209 primers are recommended for BH209.

GCMan

FNG
CCI Muzzeloading primers 209 in-line which was my rookie mistake after the first few misfires I started reading the looks like that is not an acceptable primer for this powder. The Federal shotgun 209A primers are recommended but I can't find them anywhere so far this summer. This weekend I found the Cheddite 209 shotgun CX2000 primers and had the same failure on the first shot. Can anyone explain why it's always been the first shot. That's even more concerning to me for a hunting situation. I have also ordered the Rio 209 shotgun primers because I could find some. I plan on trying those but my confidence in ruined at this point. I can not use Blackhorn 209 in the field. I feel for the person who buys Blackhorn last minute this fall and experiences all this on a hunting trip.