Boot recommendations needed

I’m going on an early November rifle mule deer hunt in Nebraska; plan on doing a lot of hiking. I’d like a good all-purpose boot with good ankle and arch support that can be used for years to come. I plan on future trips out west chasing deer, elk, antelope& etc so want to buy a good high-quality boot.

I live in Ohio hunting deer, turkey and waterfowl, normally wearing Muck boots; not ideal for miles and miles of hiking.

I have been looking at Crispi, Kennetrec & Zamberland. I’d appreciate any personal experience and/or recommendations you have.

Thanks for your help!
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have mine tomorrow. I can give you a review compared to my other 2 pair of Zamberlans if you'd like. A helluva deal for $249 tho.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
Nebraska in November can be 70* or 0* sometimes both in the same week. You might to take this into consideration.

I personally have 400 Crispi and they do pretty well for me until it gets down into the teens.

fatrascal

WKR
I'm a kenetrek mountain extreme man. I'm probably on my 10th pair. I keep one pair for hunting and one pair that i wear everywhere. I also have a pair of lineman extremes by kenetrek. Thats how much i love them. Been wearing them probably around 15 to 20 years.

TaperPin

WKR
You’ll find the fit of mountain boots is really important because of all the up/down/side hill conditions. Luckily different brands vary in width and fit so the more you try on the better. A good fit reminds me of having an ankle wrapped - nice even support, but not too tight anywhere. Kicking the carpet, your toes should never reach the end of the boot.

The stiffness of the sole also varies a lot - some like soft flex and others like a rather stiff boot. One very capable friend can hunt in athletic shoes just fine, while anything short of a stiff sole makes my arches hurt.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Tried Kenetreks and Crispi - neither worked for me. Using Schnees timberline now and like them a lot. Would also look at meindl

NateO 77

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried lows, kenetrek & crispi. The Crispi fit the best on my feet and had very little break in. I still try the kenetrek each year for a couple of days but always go back to the crispi’s

Crispi is by far the most comfortable out of the box. Kenetrek break in period is not worth it. They are SUPER stiff and uncomfortable until they break in. Z's are not much better. I think the kenetrek and Z's MAYBE last a little longer, because they are built so solid, too solid for my liking. Crispi Nevada all day. That is my experience.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Last several years I've worn LOWA Evo GTX and could not be an happier. The are comfortable and have been great the last few years on hunts in Wyoming and New Mexico.

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Last 10 years or so I have wore Meindle and am still happy with them. Glocker is the current model I believe. Try a bunch on at the store or order multiple pairs. Also realize that some stiffer ones need a break in. My 2c anyway

OP
M
Tried my brothers kennetrek ME’s on this past weekend…didn’t get to hike in them but really liked how they fit…would love to find a pair of gently used sized 10.5 ME in 400gram if anyone has a pair they’d part with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk