Border News..

Wia07

FNG
Yes at this time you need a negative Covid test to get back into the US within 72 hrs of your flight. I did a lot of research with at home test kits that the airlines will accept. Suggest you look into a BinaxNow at home kit.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit/

They have a kit that you need access for a zoom call. You dial in, they check your ID, watch you perform the test, put you on hold for 15 minutes, and then come back and read the results. They then upload a form to their app that says you are negative and the airlines supposedly will accept the results. I did this yesterday for a test my outfitter here in the states is requiring and it was a breeze. I assume there are also test sites at the airports but one would need to plan ahead on timing and research what is needed.

If you are driving across the border I have heard you do not need a test.
Thanks for the information. This is what I was looking into and now hearing it again makes it reassuring.

OP
Short Track
2 years ago connecting in Montreal was a disaster. I missed my connection. That was without covid testing. This year I have a 4 hour window for the connection. However, I can't imagine any testing or paperwork required in NL, as the flight out of NL is not cross border. I can't imagine what US customs will put us through in Montreal..

I just ordered the test kit, but a fly in lodge will not have internet....

JES

FNG
The travel agent booking my flights and hotels gave me a list of places that are preparing to be able to test in the more common cities that hunters pass through. Many of the outfitters already have plans to bring their hunters to the testing sites when they bring them back from the field.

Let me find the email and cut and paste it here.

JES

FNG
This was in the email from my travel agent:

This was posted yesterday to all outfitters…

Covid-19 Testing Businesses in NL

1. Main Street Medical Center - Collects for Avalon Labs for PCR tests ($195 and 12-48 hours for results) but also do Rapid Antigen test which are accepted in the USA ($75 and results in less than an hour) and located in St. Johns, Marystown, Clarenville, Grand Falls-Windsor, Springdale, Pasadena, Stephenville. They also have a Mobile Unit. Email Brain @ [email protected]or call 709.673.8696.
  2. Fit For Work. Corner Brook. 709.632.7676. Cost of COVID Antigen Testing – Travel / person = 125$ plus tax. Cost of Call Out Fee for Stat Holiday is 425$ plus taxor for after regular office hours is 350$ plus tax. This would only be applicable if you are requesting service for a Saturday, Sunday or Statutory Holiday to align with the 72 hour travel requirement for testing.
  3. Flower's Cove Hospital# 709-456-2401 Monday to Friday. St. Anthony Hospital Saturday and Sunday. Only PCR and all swabs tested by Avalon Labs in St. Johns.
  4. Catalyst Health Solutions: Can swab in Gander and Deer Lake. 709-351-2475 June Tavenor [email protected] https://www.catalysthealthsolutions.ca/
  5. Avalon Labs (St. John’s) – 709-726-9345
Hope this helps, good luck, and if I get any further information on any of the companies above or information on any new companies that Im not currently aware of, I will be sure to share.

Cory

Cory Foster

Executive Director

Newfoundland and Labrador Outfitters Association (NLOA)

Cell: (709)424-4425

Fax: (709)639-8238

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Question: what will they do if you don’t get Covid tested within 72 hours of returning to the US? Deport you from your home back to Canada? Or is it you need a test 72 hours before you drive/fly back?

JES

FNG
You need a minimum of an antigen test 72 hours or less prior to coming back. The airline will not allow you to board the plane without it.

As I understand it, if you are driving it is not required.

JES

FNG
Those going to Newfoundland will need to complete this information prior to arrival:

Everyone going into Canada will need to download the Arrive Canada app and upload your vaccine card and your PCR test results to get approval to board your flight into Canada.

Not sure if those driving across need to use the app not, I assume so.

JES

FNG
No they won’t do that. Don’t think you need a test to come into the states as an American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s not accurate since Biden took office.

Current administration requires a minimum of an antigen test to return to the US, if flying.

That’s not accurate since Biden took office.

Current administration requires a minimum of an antigen test to return to the US, if flying.

Sorry I was thinking driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Short Track
Here's the deal. If you are Covid positive, no airline is letting you on a plane. Period ended.

Driving across the border... I can't see how they can prevent you from coming home as a citizen.