Brace Height ?

WCB

WKR
I have a Ben Pearson 7090 I inherited. Bought a new string for it (B55). Bow may have had 1 dozen arrows shot through it a long time ago, limbs are perfectly straight etc.

My question is on the brace height...how much string twisting is ok or normal to get to brace height? I bought the size string recommended by 3rivers based on bow length. Seems like a twisted forever to get to minimum height and obviously it settled a bit with a few shots so I twisted again and seems to being settled now.

dtrkyman

WKR
Twist rate should be fine as long as it does not start to bunch up, you will see that when you get too far.

Heavily twisted B55 may settle in multiple times! I always marked my preferred brace on an arrow shaft or something to reference it quickly.

OP
W

WCB

WKR
Twist rate should be fine as long as it does not start to bunch up, you will see that when you get too far.

Heavily twisted B55 may settle in multiple times! I always marked my preferred brace on an arrow shaft or something to reference it quickly.
Appreciate it. I think I have like 45 twists in it and it just over minimum recommended brace height.

oldgoat

WKR
Appreciate it. I think I have like 45 twists in it and it just over minimum recommended brace height.
Once you get it figured out, pull the string off hang it on a nail and pull slightly taut and measure it, this if the Actual String Length(ASL) and is what you should use to order the next one from an actual string maker instead of a stock string.

Reactions: WCB

Whip

WKR
One twist per inch is well within normal range. Sounds like you're good.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious whether your sting is endless loop or flemish twist string. You shouldn't need very many twists with an endless loop string if properly sized. Flemish twist is another matter. Regardless, the brace height will vary somewhat depending on your individual shooting style - but probably not more than 3/4 of an inch either way. Let us know how it goes!

OP
W

WCB

WKR
Once you get it figured out, pull the string off hang it on a nail and pull slightly taut and measure it, this if the Actual String Length(ASL) and is what you should use to order the next one from an actual string maker instead of a stock string.
Appreciate the tip. I'll do just that.
I'm curious whether your sting is endless loop or flemish twist string. You shouldn't need very many twists with an endless loop string if properly sized. Flemish twist is another matter. Regardless, the brace height will vary somewhat depending on your individual shooting style - but probably not more than 3/4 of an inch either way. Let us know how it goes!
Its a Flemish. I have it just above minimum and it shoots pretty darn good and seems darn quiet with just bare strings on it...no dampening at all.