BRCC Bear Hunt Series- Shot Ethics

JStol5

WKR
I want to preface this by saying I am NOT a shot Karen. I normally don't read too much into the ethicality of shots, given the animal dies quick. I'm not giving the BRCC people a hard time, but I'm genuinely curious on where others are at on this.

I wanted to start this thread to get others' perspective and have a reasonable discourse about the shot ethics in the latest episode of this series. It struck me as a bit "out there" as a shot, but then again, I wasn't there, and don't know the precise details. Just what the video shows.

What I saw was that it appears one of the Black Rifle crew shot a running wolf in the head at a distance of approximately 440* yards. I wasn't sure what to think about this, figured I'd get others' perspective.

Here's the link, it's at roughly the 7:30 mark:

RELIANT

FNG
You hear two shots in the video. In the post walk up interview near the end it sounds like they said he spined the wolf with the first shot then put it down with the head shot. Seemed to be pretty clean to me.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
You start by saying your not a "shot karen" then everything you mentioned sure does sound like one. Your thread title alone is misleading and click bait.

Here is some info that may comfort you. USMC S/S's train on movers well past 400 yards, my last deployment we regularly had holds and leads over 800, and that was on dinosaur A1's.

Dude made a good shot because he was highly trained and proficient. There is nothing unethical about it.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
It’s brcc there marketing is designed around “look at me” content
???? What does your comment have to do with this thread's topic of it being an ethical shot?

Are you inferring a skilled shot on a moving target is a marketing ploy? Or that skilled shooters are braggadocios? You sound angry. If you don't like their coffee, don't buy it. I don't.

Not every mention of a company has to turn into an open invite for hate or stupid comments.