Browning McKinley Sleeping Bag

Looking for an affordable semi-rectangular cold weather sleeping bag for our late November elk trip in Montana SW of Bozeman. We will be truck camping in a Davis wall tent. Found the Browning McKinley sleeping bag. It's got two models rated to 0 degrees and -30 degrees. I like what I'm reading good reviews on sportsmanswarehouse.com. Any experience or knowledge of this sleeping bag here?

Browning McKinley Sleeping Bag | Sportsman's Warehouse

I had one of the -30 bags and sold it. It was huge. No where near it's rating but it was warm.
I have a 20 degree model that they used to make that is nice but no where near it's rating either. For your intended purpose it will work but it is 13 pounds and packs down to the size of yeti 20.....lol.

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I use a Wenzel Grande 0° bag when car hunting. It was only $70 and I was very comfy the whole week of November in KY into the mid 20° with only wearing 170g merino tops and bottoms. But......this bag is @10lbs and has a canvas shell and flannel inside so water will be an issue. We have a wooden, uninsulated shed that we sleep in so water is not an issue.

Look at Gearlab for recommendations.

Coleman makes great bags for truck camping. I know that is not the cool answer. But, i have a 0 degree, over sized rectangular bag that I use for the same thing and have had it below zero about 3 dozen times comfy cozy.

isu22andy

WKR
Thread revival - What did you guys find for budget car camping tents ? I have a trip planned to Montana in November.

MOSO 300

FNG
Looking for an affordable semi-rectangular cold weather sleeping bag for our late November elk trip in Montana SW of Bozeman. We will be truck camping in a Davis wall tent. Found the Browning McKinley sleeping bag. It's got two models rated to 0 degrees and -30 degrees. I like what I'm reading good reviews on sportsmanswarehouse.com. Any experience or knowledge of this sleeping bag here?

Browning McKinley Sleeping Bag | Sportsman's Warehouse

I have one and have never been cold, it’s huge and heavy but hard to beat for the room and warmth at that price point. I believe mine the the -30 and I have had to unzip when temps have been in the single digits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk