Budget Recommendation

OverInfinite

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some advice on a new pack for rifle season. I use to carry the eblerstock gunrunner but I've outgrown it with the addition of a bigger spotting scope and tripod. I am not a backpacker, but I do haul meat. the gunrunner did okay for antelope and deer but it never could handle an elk quarter well. I carry a couple rather large rifles, in the 9-13lbs that have 22-26" barrels.
one thing I do not like is that with the gunrunner, the buttstock and scope are at the top of my shoulders, which makes it feel really unbalanced.
I looked at the MR Pop ups, but I don't like the lack of rifle carrying capability.
By budget I mean under $300

Gone4Days

WKR
If I were you, I would look for a used top tier pack like a K3 Exo. Lots of used K3’s because people want the new K4

tony

WKR
Sportsman’s warehouse has mystery ranch terra frame 65s for $336.00 I think it was. Guide lite frame on a backpackping type pack.
They were below $300.00 few weeks ago.

Off the top of my head, Eberlestock is the only one with that type of rifle carrying capability. All of the top tier companies (Kifaru, Exo, Stone Glacier) have a totally different rifle carrying system from Eberlestock. When I pack in, I strap my bow/rifle to the back of my pack. When hunting, my bow/rifle is in my hands.

schmalzy

WKR
ILBE can be found for 100 bucks or so and would fit your criteria well.

I wouldn’t discount an ALICE pack either if frame size fits you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Find a used REI XT85 and add a rifle carrier ie Stone Glacier weapon carrier, Kifaru Gun bearer.

You should be able to find the pack in the $100-150 range and add the carrier.

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Camofire has mystery ranch packs that show up time to time. They also have sales at times on the MR website that give steep discounts. I got a Mule for my dad as he's a day hunt guy. If you paired it up with a gun bearer type device of your choice it should work well. My dad has hauled several elk quarters with the mule and it does well.