Butthole sandwich mods?

Does anyone ever use tortillas instead of Bagels for for butthole sandwiches? Or any other mods? Seems tortillas would be lighter?

My wife and I have been using the Flat-Outs for moose hot dogs and other things this summer. Higher fiber and protein than white bagels. I am going to give them a try this fall.

River Rat

WKR
Yeah I have just wrap them individually with plastic wrap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
Jtelarkin08
Tortillas, pre cooked bacon, and peanut butter. That's how I do it.

I think this is how i am going to do it. I got some squirt bottles to fill with peanut butter and honey mix. Then ill just throw a whole pack of tortillas in my pack. I can also wrap mexican and breakfast mountain house in the tortillas.

jwatts

WKR
Tortillas, pre cooked bacon, and peanut butter. That's how I do it.

This is how I do it too. I usually bring a pack of tortillas in with me. I have enough to cover my sandwiches and have a few spares. Grouse or rabbit wrapped in a tortilla makes for a good supper to break the monotony of freeze dried meals at night.

Also, as was mentioned in another post above, you can get individual packets of peanut butter. Justin's peanut butter packs are pretty good and can be found cheap online.

I didnt even think about that. Then i could grab honey packets from chic fil a

Not sure of the contents of the Chik-Fil-A honey, but a fast food restaurant in my area uses a product in their "honey" packages that isn't honey.
The package says "HONEY sauce" The sauce is in tiny letters. The ingredients read: honey, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, fructose, and natural flavor.
If I hadn't have read the contents, I would have thought that it was just honey, but corn syrup, sugar, and fructose must be cheaper than actually putting honey in the packet.

I get local honey from the health food store. Local honey is supposedly better for allergies due to the bees harvesting nectar of local plants in your area, which helps allergies that are caused by your local conditions.

Sure......I get rid of the bagel and throw that thing away. Then I replace it with two slices of bread, leave the peanut butter in the cabinet at home and put ham and swiss cheese between the bread with some mustard.

I like your thinking. I think I'll modify your modification even further by replacing the ham with turkey and the mustard with mayo. The possibilities are endless. Lol.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like your thinking. I think I'll modify your modification even further by replacing the ham with turkey and the mustard with mayo. The possibilities are endless. Lol.

Turkey and mayo don't do very well unless they're refrigerated.;) Hence the ham and mustard, and bacon is already in my pack so I could add that too if I wanted.

Mike7

WKR
I premix peanut/almond/or sunflower butter with honey and roll it in the tortillas ahead of time at home. If you bring the peanut butter & honey in a squirt bottle and it gets cold overnight, you will not be getting that out of the bottle... It kind of reminds me of the first time that I ever tried a power bar on a November elk hunt. I got that thing out in about 15 degree weather and just held it in my mouth and drooled on it until it was finally soft enough that I could bite a piece off. I think you could hammer nails with a power bar in cold weather.

Sodbuster

WKR
Not sure of the contents of the Chik-Fil-A honey, but a fast food restaurant in my area uses a product in their "honey" packages that isn't honey.
The package says "HONEY sauce" The sauce is in tiny letters. The ingredients read: honey, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, fructose, and natural flavor.
If I hadn't have read the contents, I would have thought that it was just honey, but corn syrup, sugar, and fructose must be cheaper than actually putting honey in the packet.

I get local honey from the health food store. Local honey is supposedly better for allergies due to the bees harvesting nectar of local plants in your area, which helps allergies that are caused by your local conditions.

I keep honeybees and this ^^ is right on target. Most commercial honey contains various additives. Try to find raw honey locally.It is a superfood.

The chick-fil-a packets are real, pure honey. I just snagged a bunch of them. Produced by Sue B. Honey from my hometown back in Iowa.

pwsINC

WKR
So I've been using the Ezekiel sprouted grain bread English muffins.... raisin I believe. They have actual nutritional value. Taste good. And hold up pretty well. I make them ahead of time. Shrink wrap and then freeze. I using coconut oil, peanut butter, jelly, honey and bacon. Alot of fat and calories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So when you pull your sandwiches out of the freezer what do you guys do with them then. How long is yalls drive to your hunting area. What do you do with them sure that transportation time