CA B Zone Trinity Alps

Status
Not open for further replies.

lif

WKR
I am also jealous of moving to Montana. I might not be far behind you.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
Also jealous, I wish my life circumstances enabled me to make such a move.

mtnsnag, did you get anything in the Yolla Bolly last year? I have hunted south yolla bolly around Soldier Mountain and Solomon Peak a couple times but never harvested anything.

NoBadP17

FNG
I hunted the north fork of coffee creek in '18, the last week of September. We packed in about 4 miles and ran into a pair of guys fishing/camping, but didn't see anyone else. We also didn't see any animals (bears, deer, mountain lions, etc). We did hear something walking through our camp in the middle of the night once, but never got a glimpse of anything on the hill.

Granted that was my first time really hunting a "wild" area, and we never got super far off the trails. We did see a good amount of does driving in and out of there, and I know people pull some decent deer out of the area every year.

My advice would be get up high and away from the trails, and as late as you can hoping for weather

ruttedup

FNG
just go hunt and start learning an area. you may find the deer close to a trailhead cause everyone is walking 5 miles in. not going to kill them on the internet

MeatBuck

WKR
So when you get to montana can we expect to see you on the elk or mule deer forums asking about favored trailheads there?
What will be your excuse for asking then? Since you are using your moving away as an accuse for a handout here. Even though you seem adamant that you aren’t, you are diverting towards the states poor management as an excuse for having asked those questions here.
We get it man, you don’t want to put in the physical effort to figure it out yourself.

What if I said, yes those are great trailheads, lots of game around, little pressure once you leave the trail?
What if I said, don’t waste your time there, too many ppl, no game?
What do you do with conflicting information?
Do you take both pieces of advice? Neither? Or do you ultimately go see for yourself?(the thing you should have done in the first place).

Asking for that kind of info on public forums is generally frowned upon no matter your angle or excuses.

Dswartz

FNG
This forum is full of some opinionated senior members!! you could have maybe just gave him some pointers on your high and mighty blacktail forum rules, but no once one started you all jumped in like a pack of wolves, i'm done with this blacktail forum I will stick to the mule deer forum. P.S I didn't need to bring names into it, the a$%holes know who they are.

MeatBuck

WKR
This forum is full of some opinionated senior members!! you could have maybe just gave him some pointers on your high and mighty blacktail forum rules, but no once one started you all jumped in like a pack of wolves, i'm done with this blacktail forum I will stick to the mule deer forum. P.S I didn't need to bring names into it, the a$%holes know who they are.
Good riddance to you sir

Dswartz

FNG
Good riddance to you sir
Good riddance to you sir
Oh I guess you figured out who the a$$hole was lol 😆 😂 congrats, keep complaining and whining about how everyone screws up your hints and this persons fault or a cop doing his job or well the list goes on!! Lol but my point of this whole thing is the way you guys jumped all over this guy for asking a simple question!! This isn't a forum its a bunch of bit$hing, whining, miserable people who like insulting someone instead of giving him some direction!! Again I'm sticking to the mule deer forum, I didn't need help killing my big blacktails😉

Giddy

FNG
I hiked in there and drove all around there last year. I saw two doe and the only other deer I saw were in Trinity Center that the locals feed. I talked to a few guys that had been hunting the area for 20+ years and they hadn’t seen much For the last few years and were very discouraged. The only bucks they saw killed were on opening weekend.

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
So when you get to montana can we expect to see you on the elk or mule deer forums asking about favored trailheads there?
What will be your excuse for asking then? Since you are using your moving away as an accuse for a handout here. Even though you seem adamant that you aren’t, you are diverting towards the states poor management as an excuse for having asked those questions here.
We get it man, you don’t want to put in the physical effort to figure it out yourself.

What if I said, yes those are great trailheads, lots of game around, little pressure once you leave the trail?
What if I said, don’t waste your time there, too many ppl, no game?
What do you do with conflicting information?
Do you take both pieces of advice? Neither? Or do you ultimately go see for yourself?(the thing you should have done in the first place).

Asking for that kind of info on public forums is generally frowned upon no matter your angle or excuses.

OP
mtnstag

mtnstag

FNG
No,
I realized by this thread that there are more keyboard warriors that lurk the “internet scurry line” that I could have ever imagined. The fact that you recommend getting “boots on the ground” but you seem very preoccupied with commenting on tons of posts makes me think you do a lot more recliner hunting than in the field. Enjoy the fires and SKS sight ins day before opener

Status
Not open for further replies.