Cabelas Bargain Cave Petition

Closed my card as well! Use to stop in cabelas just to check bargain cave and would always end up buying something there whether in the bargain cave or the general store. Now, I shop online and don't stop in anymore as bass pro gear is Junk imo...

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I’ve seen a lot of bargain cave sadness, but can’t help thinking that if that’s where everyone was buying from Cabelas that there surely wasn’t much, if any, profit for Cabelas.

I haven’t seen a single post from anyone saying they were making purchases from Cabelas at full price.

I think that their prices being higher than the rest is what was/is going to be the cause of any demise that may happen, not the lost sales from the bargain cave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's like wal mart, if i logged on to their website it was to get a specific item, at full price unless i was lucky enough to catch it on sale. But then i would notice the killer deals in the bargain cave and before i knew it that 50 dollars i was gonna spend turned into 150 dollars worth of gear. lol

7Bartman

WKR
I believe "boycott" is better than petition. I had to go in Bass Pro yesterday and as usual their customer service was horrible. They won't honor Cabela's lifetime warranties either.

netman

WKR
Sportsman’s Warehouse is my go to store. The nearest is 2 1/4 hours away. I drive right past cabelas and bp on the way to SW. Bass Pro was never my store. I loved Cabelas until BP bought them. I’m still depressed over that.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
I gave up on Bass Pro years ago. Some of the worst customer service in any retail store.

Sad to see Cabela's falling away. Dollar for dollar their hunting clothes were outstanding. I used to spend enough that I got a hard bound catalog every year. Canceled the credit card and haven't set foot in one since the new release.

Please bring Scheels further East. They have become my new go to. Prices are competitive and shipping is usually free. I called with a few questions on a item. The rep on the phone was patient and answered my questions. I thought it was like the old days with Cabela's.

HunterEng

FNG
The great thing about scheels r they r a family own private company....very conservative and they debate a lot before opening new stores. Very well run company...hopefully they learn from cabelas mistakes. I'm moving toward closing my card here shortly. The cabelas bargin bin was great but bass pro is running it into the ground

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
Scheels is a great company, with Cabelas falling I could see Scheels expanding big time.

They focus on the right things:
-Amazing customer service
-Price match nearly everything
-Premium Brands
-Good visa card rewards
-Friendly knowledgeable employees

I sure hope so! I wish they would build one closer it's about a four hour drive. Anytime I pass within an hour I detour just to stop in which is usially an ecpensive stop. By far best cs I've experienced.

NDGuy

WKR
I'll be opening a ducks unlimited card instead of a Cabelas one. It even beats my Scheels card. 5% unlimited cash back on gas and sporting goods store...that's a damn good value

KJH

WKR
I'll be opening a ducks unlimited card instead of a Cabelas one. It even beats my Scheels card. 5% unlimited cash back on gas and sporting goods store...that's a damn good value

Make sure you go to your account settings or call them and "turn-on" your cash back. It isn't automatic, and I learned the hard way after I stopped using a Cabelas card. Missed out on nine months of rewards because of not knowing and they wouldn't honor the back purchases for rewards. They (FNBO) were going to make it automatic, but I'm not sure if that ever happened.

RickH

Lil-Rokslider
I've spent a lot of money at Cabelas over the years. We don't have any stores near us but when I was on a road trip north I used to go out of the way to hit the store in Sidney, I used to look forward to getting the catalog. When Bass Pro took over it went to crap IMO. I canceled my credit card that I used for 20 years or so to build up points. I don't even consider them anymore when looking for gear.

TBarron

WKR
Cabelas has completely gone to shit. They even ended my corporate discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk