California introduces bill to ban Bear Hunting

DSC

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for sounding the alarm here @SouthPaw! We are aware of this and will be getting involved. Additionally, we will be sending out e-blasts with exact steps our members can take to voice their opposition of this bill. We will follow-up here with those steps so Roksliders can get involved. Collectively, we can make a difference!

rclouse79

WKR
Few things frustrate me more than ballot box biology. I don't like the fact out of state hunters do not have the opportunity to hunt mt. lion and maybe now bear in California, but there will be plenty of Californians hunting states who still manage their game based on science. If you live in California get out and vote. I don't want this crap spreading to my state.

JFK

WKR
If you live in Ca stop what you are doing and write your local representatives. I just did it and it takes all of 10 minutes. I don’t even hunt bears but this needs to be stopped. They will keep coming after us if they get this crap through.

Surprisingly (or maybe not so surprising) the main author of this bill is from San Francisco. Only bears they have there are.....uh, never mind.

Write your local reps! Put it in terms these dipshits can understand.
-We currently manage bears using hunters with input from state biologists.
-Bear populations are doing very good right now.
-Passing this reduces recreational opportunity.
-Reduces revenue from hunting licenses/tags.
-The state will incur the expense to trap/manage bears.

Can someone give some instruction on the best way to push back against this? Should we be mailing our senators?

I watched a few years ago when Bobcat hunting was outlawed. Super sad. Ive seen more Bobcats since moving to california than I've seen in my whole life. The population is out of control. Same thing with bears.

JohnnyB

WKR
It would be helpful if those outside California would reach out to organizations such as RMEF, BHA, Mule Deer Foundations, Ducks Unlimited, etc and request lobbying attention. Make no mistake about this coming to your state soon enough. Make America California Again- your Vice President says it without irony.

I hate my state. Glad I killed one last year when I had the chance. Don’t worry Idaho, I’m about as conservative as they come and can balance out some of the libtards who are fleeing this communist shit hole along with me.

Moserkr

WKR
@rclouse79 You actually bring up a very good point. The state not only is prohibiting CA residents to hunt, but also non-residents! Our FEDERAL tax dollars pay for opportunities to enjoy FEDERAL land and whats on it!! Its not their land or right to say what we can and cant do on it. Its our land for our whole nation to enjoy. Maybe that argument could be used to overturn all the illegal hunting bans in CA.

Unfortunately we cant vote on this, or vite to remove the horrible politicians. One, we are way outnumbered. Two, even if we had the numbers, they cheat and steal the elections... the corruption is astounding. Even our fish and “wildlife” is compromised with anti-hunter liberals who have taken money and worked for anti-hunting groups....