California introduces bill to ban Bear Hunting

DavePwns

WKR
Just wanted to thank the non residents that have voiced their support. I get it, California sucks in so many ways. But that does not apply to many of us here. When other states want to introduce wolves, ban certain methods of take, ban taking of certain animals, etc, myself and surely others from CA show our support. Regardless if we hunt in that state or not. It's just the right thing to do as a hunting community. So thanks again.
Yup, it's seems like hunters have sucked at collaborating and joining together politically to stand and fight for what we love. I think a lot of people are waking up to the fact that we cant just sit back and relax politically. If we do, it WILL be taken from us. If it's your state or not, we gotta work together to educate others, stay informed and don't let them have an inch. For how much work we put into each hunt to be successful, we can use some of those skills and work ethic into aggressively, strategically, fighting for what we love to do.

68Plexi

WKR
Thank you everyone who is helping to oppose this craziness, residents and non residents alike. Some of us are only in CA because our extended families are here. Easier to relocate and change work/geography than leave my family and not have my kids live near their grandparents.

So many bears in the Sierra Nevada mtn range it’s not uncommon to see far more bear sign than deer.

I’m hope organizations like CDA and BHA have outreach and resistance to this bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumpr1080

FNG
I agree. If we are actuat concerned about this - we need to take action and call/email your representatives and be sure to do your part!

SouthPaw

WKR
Huge win, especially in CA. Thanks to everyone who signed the petition. I often badmouth social media and appreciate the recent threads about its negatives, but the hunting community definitely rallied on SM against this one for a quick and strong response to the nonsensical proposal.

packer58

WKR
Again, thanks to everyone that got evolved either by signing an online petition or emailing representatives.

Proof in the pudding that there is strength in unity, this will be an ongoing battle for sure but we won this round........

MattB

WKR
Absolutely.

Also, if anyone finds any discrepancies regarding the numbers I mentioned, don´t hesitate to post so we can be as accurate as possible with the statements we make.
Thanks for posting. The only discrepancy I see regards the filling of the quota. That used to happen pretty much every year until hound hunting was banned and then maybe only once since.

The biggest issue in CA in terms of bear management these days is the 1,700 quota is too low even if we can't hit it. It no longer fits the population which had tripled or maybe even quadrupled in the past 40 years. Even allowing the sale of multiple tags to hunters would help.

This is one of the many areas where liberals have abandoned science in lieu of feelings.

Win for now. They will try it again thou

Runor on the streets is they are gonna get a bill to try and ban lion and bobcat hunting in Colorado

Rob5589

WKR
Thanks for posting. The only discrepancy I see regards the filling of the quota. That used to happen pretty much every year until hound hunting was banned and then maybe only once since.

The biggest issue in CA in terms of bear management these days is the 1,700 quota is too low even if we can't hit it. It no longer fits the population which had tripled or maybe even quadrupled in the past 40 years. Even allowing the sale of multiple tags to hunters would help.

This is one of the many areas where liberals have abandoned science in lieu of feelings.
919 this season, so barely over half of the 1700 quota. Without hounds or baiting there isn't a need for a quota.

MattB

WKR
919 this season, so barely over half of the 1700 quota. Without hounds or baiting there isn't a need for a quota.
The state tried to increase the quota to 2,000 in 2011 or thereabouts and it got crushed. The next year we lost the ability to run hounds for bears. To your point, the existing quota is totally disconnected from current population.

Sorry just realized I'm late to this celebration... happens a lot these days.

Tyler C

FNG
I have sent emails and signed the petition to block this bill, but I’m afraid it’s not going to be enough. What is the best way to fight these unscientific wackos?