Can we please talk about nail polish…

Shraggs

WKR
Just finished the 350 legend for restricted deer zones. Swfa 6x was quick to zero and grabbed my nail polish.

IMG_6489.jpeg

I found “Rodeo Red” in my wife’s drawer and felt this is bright but not to gaudy and compliments my painted rifles.

Now… I saw a post pic from Form with multiple colors on one rifle!

Is there consensus on what color(s) are best?

Have different colors shown more effective in drop tests or snow and ice conditions?

Should I/we be buying our own nail polish, if so where?

I’m curious what nail polish color are you “running”, how did you source it and what’s been the feedback?

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Sneak it from the wife’s stash. Color is not important as long as it is consistent on each rifle. 🙂 All kidding aside, how often
have you found screws loosened on scope mounts?

Curious why this instead of vibratite or blue loctite?
I have seen some that look awful tacky,if for a reference I would definitely do a nice thin line or dots.

Last edited:
Using loctite on the actual threads instead of nail polish on the caps is a far more effective solution. You won’t find a single professional application that locks screws with nail polish. About the only firearm application where something like that is acceptable is on trigger adjustment screws where putting loctite on the screws and seeping could cause internal issues with the trigger and even then you should use something designed to bond to metal and not finger nails.

Making witness marks to see if a screw is backing out is one thing but using nail polish for this is some next level bubba shit.

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
Sneak it from the wife’s stash. Color is not important as long as it is consistent on each rifle. 🙂 All kidding aside, how often
have you found screws loosened on scope mounts?
Since I’ve followed forms template on 5 different rifles scope changes, one, one screw.

So I’m adding RodeoRed 🤪 to all now

ElPollo

WKR
Using loctite on the actual threads instead of nail polish on the caps is a far more effective solution. You won’t find a single professional application that locks screws with nail polish. About the only firearm application where something like that is acceptable is on trigger adjustment screws where putting loctite on the screws and seeping could cause internal issues with the trigger and even then you should use something designed to bond to metal and not finger nails.

Making witness marks to see if a screw is backing out is one thing but using nail polish for this is some next level bubba shit.
So you aren’t down with sparkly tassels on your bike? Bet it cuts the BC and makes the card in the spokes make less of a vroom-vroom sound.

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
I thought the nail polish color was individual so you can find your tikka stainless 6.5cm with swfa scope in sportsmatch rings and vertical grip…amidst a rack full of 100% identically-rigged “rokslide clone” rifles?
That is funny

ElPollo

WKR
Can we just take our guns in to a nail salon and have them do it? I was standing in line at Alta and it felt creepy so I panicked and just dropped the nail polish and ran out the door.
I’m guessing you never had to pick up pads for your daughter at the grocery store. A little sparkly bling on your rifle may be freeing and may make you feel more comfortable in your own skin without something as drastic as using they for your preferred pronoun. That’s what I tell my friend who makes fun of the AB Raptor suppressor that looks like a sex toy on the muzzle of my rifle.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now THIS is a great thread!!!!
All kinds of polish out there along with paint pens. I even found some glow in the dark stuff.
When I did go "shopping" for the nail polish, I was surprised at the price. Jeez.
FWIW.....I use blue thread locker along with polish or paint pen.
Never had one come loose and its a great conversation starter at the range.

Randy20231002_075719.jpg20231002_075809.jpg20231002_080129.jpg

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
Randy Impressive!

Is there a criteria for color matching to what - caliber, scope brand or elevation…

I noticed glitter is missing btw

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Is Mermaid Magic sparkle approved? Asking for a friend.

Usually just grab whatever she has left out on the bathroom counter at that time. Looks like for the first rifle I grabbed out of the safe, it was a tan color.

polish.jpg

polish 2.jpg