Can we please talk about nail polish…

Just finished the 350 legend for restricted deer zones. Swfa 6x was quick to zero and grabbed my nail polish.

View attachment 608842

I found “Rodeo Red” in my wife’s drawer and felt this is bright but not to gaudy and compliments my painted rifles.

Now… I saw a post pic from Form with multiple colors on one rifle!

Is there consensus on what color(s) are best?

Have different colors shown more effective in drop tests or snow and ice conditions?

Should I/we be buying our own nail polish, if so where?

I’m curious what nail polish color are you “running”, how did you source it and what’s been the feedback?
If you run out, let me know, I live with 2 females and have the biggest finger nail polish inventory by far. I mainly use it for painting steelhead beads, but of course use it for thread locker too, and have always

Used loctite a few years ago on something, probably mounting a scope, took it apart a couple days later and it still hadn’t set up properly… that was the last time I used it

Finger Nail polish works great… the duct tape of…. Something

Using loctite on the actual threads instead of nail polish on the caps is a far more effective solution. You won’t find a single professional application that locks screws with nail polish. About the only firearm application where something like that is acceptable is on trigger adjustment screws where putting loctite on the screws and seeping could cause internal issues with the trigger and even then you should use something designed to bond to metal and not finger nails.

Making witness marks to see if a screw is backing out is one thing but using nail polish for this is some next level bubba shit.
Keep talking like that and you’ll have to change your name to bmxer24… you really seem to be appropriating redneckhood with this reply

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
If you run out, let me know, I live with 2 females and have the biggest finger nail polish inventory by far. I mainly use it for painting steelhead beads, but of course use it for thread locker too, and have always

Used loctite a few years ago on something, probably mounting a scope, took it apart a couple days later and it still hadn’t set up properly… that was the last time I used it

Finger Nail polish works great… the duct tape of…. Something
Omg thank you so much!

Lots salmon steely fishing for here too. Wasn’t even going to admit nail polish works better than testers model paint to restore a spoon!

Yes all boys here and I’m running low if you spare …

TaperPin

WKR
Rather than embarrass myself again at Ulta, the gal at my wife’s salon suggested googly eyes rather than a single color. I think she’s right.

Attachments

• A396F6CF-2785-497C-89A2-24394F9F07A4.jpeg
    A396F6CF-2785-497C-89A2-24394F9F07A4.jpeg
    488.6 KB · Views: 14

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
It's been nearly a week,since I've put a new rifle together.

Had never heard of such a thing.............

I'm not sure glitter is Form approved. The paint pens are nice instead of the polish.

Randy
Saw dust is man glitter haha. IDK how glitter behaves in nail polish but in any encounters I've had with glitter from my daughter that chit gets into everything and does not clean up easily. Even my wife hates when my daughter brings home anything to do with glitter from school.

In all seriousness I do see the benefit to some sort of witness marks, if nail polish doubles as a secondary thread locker all the better. I may have to see if my wife has any OD Green polish since her favorite color happens to be green.

OP
S

Shraggs

WKR
My fear on glitter would be sunlight reflecting, but then again it may compliment your stock… 😊