Can you measure yourself for a sleeping bag fit and get close?

zacattack

WKR
So I have no place around me to try sleeping bags, and rather than buy a bunch and then have to return them and my wife seeing the bill. Could I measure myself and get something that would fit pretty close?

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
I think you might be better off to post up your measurements as well as some the bags you think you'd be interested in for your intended use that way members could offer input and/or suggestions.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
I have around a 42” chest, 34” waist, I was looking at either the WM kodiak, antelope, or the FEathered friends ibis or snow bunting

I have around a 42” chest, 34” waist, I was looking at either the WM kodiak, antelope, or the FEathered friends ibis or snow bunting

I'm like 57" around the outside of my arms and shoulders. I found the badger in long to be quite comfortable. Think that one is 65".

I struggled with determining what the right width would be as well. I had used a BA bag that was 62" and it was amazing how much difference those three inches made. You might also want to consider your sleeping habits, if you toss and turn alot, or if you think you'll need to layer up when using it. I was concerned about getting caught int he cold and having to throw layers on, and compromising the loft.

Anyways the badger fit me great so based on that experience I decided 7-10" of width over my outside shoulder circumference seemed to be right for me.

OP
Z

zacattack

WKR
I'm like 57" around the outside of my arms and shoulders. I found the badger in long to be quite comfortable. Think that one is 65".

I struggled with determining what the right width would be as well. I had used a BA bag that was 62" and it was amazing how much difference those three inches made. You might also want to consider your sleeping habits, if you toss and turn alot, or if you think you'll need to layer up when using it. I was concerned about getting caught int he cold and having to throw layers on, and compromising the loft.

Anyways the badger fit me great so based on that experience I decided 7-10" of width over my outside shoulder circumference seemed to be right for me.
Thanks. I actually just sold my badger. It was a little too roomy for me. But I’ll keep the 7-10” plus when ordering