Can You Show Some Bucks With Known Scores?

OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
I'd say upper 160s so 167?

It's probably 174 though since you've posted a few at that score lol.

Juan_ID

WKR
I'd say upper 160s so 167?

It's probably 174 though since you've posted a few at that score lol.
I’ve been plagued by 170-175” bucks, not complaining but it is funny that most of my bucks are right there so close to each other in score. If only I could learn to hold off a bit and let ‘em grow… 🥲

Foldem

WKR
Oh boy, some of y’all need to be my official scorer
I'm not sure if you're talking about me or who you're trying to call out but I'm far from an official scorer. The buck was green scored by an official scorer and 2 other extremely knowledgeable mule deer guys. Scores ranged from 199+ to 201 (I don't remember the fractions above those). When I scored it after it was mounted I got just over 196. Just pulled him down and did it again (with my wife's sewing tape not a steel tape) and got 195 5/8" gross and 193 7/8" net. Also, I didn't measure the mass on both antlers, just doubled the left one. Given he was shot in velvet 3 years ago makes sense to me he'd shrink 5". Inside spread was his only weakness.

MD Score sheet.png

Last edited:

ColoradoV

WKR
Video and pics on the hoof are the best way to judge a buck. I am a wow guy the buck either has the wow or he does not.. Best part about wow factor is everyone is different on what it means..

@Foldem I am still saying 31.5” all day long😉👊…..

IMG_0200.jpeg

192”

IMG_8462.jpeg

203”.. Extras help get em there….

Last edited:
OP
T

TX_Diver

WKR
Video and pics on the hoof are the best way to judge a buck. I am a wow guy the buck either has the wow or he does not.. Best part about wow factor is everyone is different on what it means..

@Foldem I am still saying 31.5” all day long😉👊…..

View attachment 643438

192”

View attachment 643439

203”.. Extras help get em there….

That "wow" factor is a really good point, especially as you seem to have taken and been part of some awesome bucks!

Thanks for posting.

ColoradoV

WKR
That "wow" factor is a really good point, especially as you seem to have taken and been part of some awesome bucks!

Thanks for posting.
Of the 2 above a good buddy got the typical we packed it out w another good friend and I got the nt a few days later. Typical was a shade over 32” wide. Nt is just over 30” for perspective.. That was 017….

Was hoping for a repeat this year and while
@Foldem got his quickly = I could not hold up my end of the deal…

Last edited:

ColoradoV

WKR
Because there is no snow and the ski areas are crowded 🤦🏼‍♂️= I figured I would add a big one to guess at..

Local buck from 25+ years ago and one of my favorites.. 32.5” wide and a beer can for perspective…. Hard to believe w the crap management choices Co has made well it is fair to say hunters in this day and age might never see a buck like this on the hoof.. How things change…

DA7AEAD8-6075-4C1E-A61B-FC0CC49755DB.jpegIMG_9275.jpegIMG_9301.jpeg