Canadian Dall Outfitters

archer109

FNG
I will be up with Yukon peak next year August 9th as well. Excited!! Possibly run into a couple do you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30k in Canada by the time your all in.

20k in Alaska

Most of the AK hunts I’ve seen lately are now 20.5-22k😳. Not including tags, travel, tip, meat/trophy shipping, taxidermy, etc.

Figure $1k for tag, $900 airline, $1300+ taxidermy, $300 hotels on way in/out, $2-3k tip (not sure on this?), and you’re knocking on the door of $30k in Alaska too.

Trial153

WKR
Most of the AK hunts I’ve seen lately are now 20.5-22k. Not including tags, travel, tip, meat/trophy shipping, taxidermy, etc.

Figure $1k for tag, $900 airline, $1300+ taxidermy, $300 hotels on way in/out, $2-3k tip (not sure on this?), and you’re knocking on the door of $30k in Alaska too.

Unfortunately yes

Most of the AK hunts I’ve seen lately are now 20.5-22k. Not including tags, travel, tip, meat/trophy shipping, taxidermy, etc.

Yeah, but think about the money you save if you don’t kill anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B Lang

FNG
Lots of great info here. Found this forum just a few days ago and have been pouring through archives looking for reputable archives and a lot of the same names keep coming up.

DennisT

FNG
MMO, ARctic Red, Nahanni Butte/Lancasters, Canol, Gana River, Yukon Peak...Most of the NWT outfits are pretty reputable and it is a matter of "getting comfortable" and deciding what type of hunt you want with an outfitter. I'm hunting Dalls with Yukon Peak next year. (Tombstone for Fannins in the Yukon this year) I'm sure I missed some good ones, but I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with any of these.

Kotaman, I will be hunting with Tombstone in September 2021. I'd really like to hear how your hunt turns out.

Most of the AK hunts I’ve seen lately are now 20.5-22k😳. Not including tags, travel, tip, meat/trophy shipping, taxidermy, etc.

Aren’t you not going to have all those extras on the Canadian hunt as well???
Turning it into a $40K hunt. Would actually guess the extras would be higher since travel is further.
Please let me know if not. Because it’s gonna cost me $3K to miss work for 2 weeks. Kill or not.

Aren’t you not going to have all those extras on the Canadian hunt as well???
Turning it into a $40K hunt. Would actually guess the extras would be higher since travel is further.
Please let me know if not. Because it’s gonna cost me $3K to miss work for 2 weeks. Kill or not.

Yes. My point was that $20k in AK and 30k in Canada seems low.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to have some references for Dall Sheep Guides in Canada. I've been to Blackstone and McKenzie Mountain Outfitters......loved them both. Who else should I be checking?
Don

Take a serious look at Clay and Jim Lancaster at Nahanni Butte/North West Territory Outfitters.

I've known Clay personally for years and he's probably been on more sheep than anyone alive. They're killing stud rams up there.

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
Just for the record they are very nearly 100% with Dall's. Including bowhunters over ten years they are well north of 90% success rate. If you can shoot 300 yards with a rifle they'll kill you a ram.

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
Take a serious look at Clay and Jim Lancaster at Nahanni Butte/North West Territory Outfitters.

I've known Clay personally for years and he's probably been on more sheep than anyone alive. They're killing stud rams up there.
I’ve been lurking on this thread but didn’t want to hijack it from the OP; hopefully my questions can add to the discussion. I am hoping to book a sheep hunt for 2023 and in the process of gathering info. I have been seriously looking at Nahanni Butte not only because they supposedly do a good job on sheep but they are one of the few I see listing goat as an add on. I am probably older than most guys on this site at 59 and would like to add a sheep and goat to my wall before I am physically unable; I got skunked when I hunted with Gary Vince back in the early 90’s (bad guide). Was originally looking at horseback trips and was wondering how tough this trip may be since they don’t offer horseback; but I do intend to be in shape for this trip

Northwinds308

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been lurking on this thread but didn’t want to hijack it from the OP; hopefully my questions can add to the discussion. I am hoping to book a sheep hunt for 2023 and in the process of gathering info. I have been seriously looking at Nahanni Butte not only because they supposedly do a good job on sheep but they are one of the few I see listing goat as an add on. I am probably older than most guys on this site at 59 and would like to add a sheep and goat to my wall before I am physically unable; I got skunked when I hunted with Gary Vince back in the early 90’s (bad guide). Was originally looking at horseback trips and was wondering how tough this trip may be since they don’t offer horseback; but I do intend to be in shape for this trip

They use a helicopter to get you in and out of the area, then it's a backpack hunt. Obviously be in the best shape you can be, but as long as you're willing to do your best and not quit you'll be successful. The helicopter makes things a lot easier as there's generally little to no pack-out.

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
They use a helicopter to get you in and out of the area, then it's a backpack hunt. Obviously be in the best shape you can be, but as long as you're willing to do your best and not quit you'll be successful. The helicopter makes things a lot easier as there's generally little to no pack-out.
I saw the helicopter mentioned on their website and was hoping that would more than make up for the lack of horses. All the trips I have been on for moose, elk etc were horseback so I knew I would be capable of a horseback hunt but was a little concerned about a backpack trip especially with the altitude. I originally wanted to go with Dan Reynolds in the Yukon because most of my hunting friends went with him but that was about 15 years ago and most of those guys are gone and the ones that are still here have lost their contacts with Reynolds outfitting; and I have been striking out with searching on my own. So right now I am looking at Nahanni and Arctic Red but leaning to Nahanni because of the goat. Maybe Arctic Red for a follow up hunt if I survive Nahanni