Canvas Tipi Tents

I have a 12x14 canvas wall tent, I’m looking for something smaller and faster setup. I like the ease of setting up say a SO silex for example, but I’m wanting to run a propane stove and obviously have more room. Has anyone tried a tipi style larger canvas tent? I googled some and found one I really like but the price almost seems to good to be true, a brand I’ve never heard of. This will be used for roughly 7 day hunts camping by the truck, 1 person most of the time. Looking to hear some of y’all’s ideas or thought on this.

A couple pics of the one I found i like.

Attachments

• IMG_3561.jpeg
    IMG_3561.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    147.6 KB · Views: 59

Dezurtrat

FNG
I have a Montana canvas range tipi, 12x12 built in vinyl floor with zip out for a wood stove, has window in the back and zippered mesh in the door way. Takes me less than 5 minutes to setup with stakes and a center pole.. it's my go to truck camping base camp. Fits 2 cots and a stove. They're a little pricey but I've had mine for 12 years now, actually have it setup right now, washed it and just re sealed it with canvak

Attachments

• 20230820_114447.jpg
    20230820_114447.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 64

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Montana canvas range tipi, 12x12 built in vinyl floor with zip out for a wood stove, has window in the back and zippered mesh in the door way. Takes me less than 5 minutes to setup with stakes and a center pole.. it's my go to truck camping base camp. Fits 2 cots and a stove. They're a little pricey but I've had mine for 12 years now, actually have it setup right now, washed it and just re sealed it with canvak
I’ve really been contemplating getting one of these but havnt found much info on them. Anything you don’t like or would change about it?

Dezurtrat

FNG
I’ve really been contemplating getting one of these but havnt found much info on them. Anything you don’t like or would change about it?
I wouldn't change a thing about it, I love every aspect of it. I dont remember the weight but im guessing around 50-60 Pounds so it's manageable to toss around by your self. Just finished using it on a hunt in nevada where i was mobile. It's pretty nice to setup and tear down quick.

I wouldn't change a thing about it, I love every aspect of it. I dont remember the weight but im guessing around 50-60 Pounds so it's manageable to toss around by your self. Just finished using it on a hunt in nevada where i was mobile. It's pretty nice to setup and tear down quick.
How well do they keep the heat in cold weather and is there any issue of condensation on the inside or do they breath well?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
right here guys. Just published this one.

Mansfield Outdoors is the US distributor and a Rokslide advertiser.

This is the big 15 man, but there are other options. Not cheap but good tents. I set up that big 15 by myself in about 15 minutes. Faster with their 9 and 7 man options

Last edited:

Dezurtrat

FNG
How well do they keep the heat in cold weather and is there any issue of condensation on the inside or do they breath well?
They keep the heat as well as a wall tent, i can't remember but i think it's a 10 oz canvas. condensation isn't a problem with the stove going but if it's a cold night and no stove you will have condensation inside. Honestly, I've never really had a problem with the condensation to much.