Cell trail cam recommendations

Yoder

WKR
Anyone ever have a Moultrie just stop taking pictures? I had this happen twice. It just stopped communicating. The batteries and sd card were both fine. I swapped them just to make sure and reset the camera. It worked fine after that.

I just re-newed my Onx Elite and got a free Covert WC20-A camera. It never worked out of the box. It wouldn't connect for some reason even with full bars. I called customer service and they were great but I still have to pay to ship it back.

MBAlex

FNG
Just had a Tactacam Reveal X fail to send pictures for the past week. I’ve run them for a couple years now and this was the first time it’s happened. Was using the recommended SD card as well.

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running Tactacam Reveal X's, They get the job done for the price point, Night time pictures can get blurry, I have 13 now, some are a few years old, but are still working great.

cougarred

FNG
Same Tacticam. I have been running 32 from Sept until April for the last 3yrs. Very happy with them. If I could only stop the woodpekers from destroying the IR cover!

TXCO

WKR
I have tried moultrie and tactacam. Tactacam reveal has performed way better than moultrie.

Always get a solar panel regardless.

tntech01

FNG
I've tried Moultrie, Muddy, and Spy Point. SP was horrible. Had pretty good luck with Moultrie, with the exception of one that would not take night pictures.
As others have stated, lithium batteries are key!

Still happy with ridgetec and the 1 Keen Ranger pt (reolink's game cam) has been good as well. The keen is awesome to put on a property and be able to monitor status of a foodplot growing and other things. Can pan 360 degrees and check things out in real time remotely. The detection distance is definitely not as long as my ridgetecs and the specs on it suggest it might not play nice with MN cold temps but we'll see I guess. Data is also more expensive but there is zero battery cost.

Last edited:
I just bought two Exodus rival cell cams.....they are performing very well. I will say they are pricey but you get what you pay for. They have a 5 year warranty if you register them online. Smaller company too.

Ironically, I live in NC but follow my buddies cameras in CO. He is running Tactacam Reveal, loves them no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00SCSS

FNG
After having issues with Spypoint I switched to Reveal. About two weeks ago one began experiencing fogging internally. The camera has been up for over a year and have had no problems before now. Has anyone else had similar behavior from the Reveals?

8grenade

FNG
Tactacam reveal hands down. 99 bucks with 13 dollar a month unlimited pictures. They are also releasing a new camera soon.