Cell trail cam recommendations

SomeTexan

FNG
Another vote to avoid spypoint. Bad luck with reliability and customer support
I have only had my two installed for a month and a half and I am split whether to deep dive and buy a few more (buy into the whole system), or cut my losses and try a different brand. I bought two cameras, two solar panels and two lithium ion battery packs, so I don't think I can recoup most of that cost to try my luck with another brand that may be just as disappointing. But I agree that their CS is terrible.

I bought a SPYPOINT on sale after last years season. Been happy with it. With lithium batteries, life is 4-6 months. Regular batteries, a little over a month. After using a cell camera, I can’t imagine using one that’s not.
I agree. I have had a couple issues with mine but the customer support has been amazing for me. I do not like the Flex camera but the micro lte’s have been good. I’m currently running 12 of them.

SomeTexan

FNG
I agree. I have had a couple issues with mine but the customer support has been amazing for me. I do not like the Flex camera but the micro lte’s have been good. I’m currently running 12 of them.
What do you like about that Micros that are better than the Flex? Anything better about the Flex than the Micro? Maybe my crap luck with Spypoint has been because I chose the wrong camera, not the wrong company.

What do you like about that Micros that are better than the Flex? Anything better about the Flex than the Micro? Maybe my crap luck with Spypoint has been because I chose the wrong camera, not the wrong company.
I own one flex. I haven’t been able to keep it working for more than a week at a time. I returned it once due to water damage. I put it back in the field and with in a week the batteries died. They were brand new when I put the camera out. About a week after that it quit reporting again. Just bad luck maybe but I won’t buy another one. The flex does video which is cool and picture quality is much better. All that said if it isn’t reliable I don’t need it.

I have had micros in the field for months on end. They have been out when hot, cold, wet, or dry. They simply work for me. Nothing fancy, pictures aren’t the best quality but they work. Battery life is also very good.

I will always speak highly of SPYPOINT customer service. They have always been top notch for me.

SomeTexan

FNG
That's interesting and totally different than my experience. My Flex cameras have skipped a few checkins but I have never lost them for more than a day, and although they have only been in field for a few months, haven't shown any issues. But I always thought the pictures were terrible! I am paying for these expensive cameras and then paying for this service to send me bad photos, and then I have to pay even more if I want them to send me the HD photos so I can actually tell what is in the photo. Now you are telling me that these are the better cameras? Damn.

I believe the Flex photos are higher quality than the micro’s. I do the SPYPOINT insider club. I recommend it. You get more photos and it applies to every SPYPOINT camera you have. It also comes with 50 HD photos. There are a few other benefits but those are the big ones for me.

I am not saying SPYPOINT is the best. They just work for me.
That's interesting and totally different than my experience. My Flex cameras have skipped a few checkins but I have never lost them for more than a day, and although they have only been in field for a few months, haven't shown any issues. But I always thought the pictures were terrible! I am paying for these expensive cameras and then paying for this service to send me bad photos, and then I have to pay even more if I want them to send me the HD photos so I can actually tell what is in the photo. Now you are telling me that these are the better cameras? Damn.

SomeTexan

FNG
I looked at the club when I first got my spypoint, and I was intrigued by the species filters more than anything else (50 HD photos at $5 is a lot cheaper than a membership). But once I realized the species filters don't work well (at least it can't tell a buck from a coyote on mine), I lost interest. Glad your experience has been better than mine, but I think I will keep my $100 a year.

I understand the cost savings. At this point I’m running 12 cameras and getting 250 photos for each one. I will be putting more cameras out in other states in the future. I haven’t put a pencil to it but I think the membership is cheaper than paying for 12-15 subscriptions for each camera.

SomeTexan

FNG
Ah, yeah, I didn't think about that. My cameras are each sending over 1,000 pics a month so I can't rely on the included photo count from the club membership. Every time a fly farts out there, I get a pic of it. And that is with the sensitivity dialed all the way down.

I've enjoyed the camojojo trace so far. Battery life will be the biggest question for the remaining summer and fall months. But so far they've performed well.

Moultrie edge for a budget cell cam. It uses either Verizon or ATT automatically and the batteries no joke last a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Belton45

FNG
My Reveal X Pros work very good. Have some friends with some cheaper brands and photo quality is fantastic compared to them. App works great as well.

Gingerman

Lil-Rokslider
Ring doorbell? Just got some for the house and geez, I'm impressed. Thought about using them as game cams. Pros, cons?

Stroudwf

FNG
Tacticam reveal. You can start and stop subscription whenever. Good price. You’ll thank me later

If you want to use Verizon since you know you have service I would recommend the Exodus Render. It is a bit pricey, but an American company that stands behind their products and offers a 5 year theft and damage warranty. They also have a cheaper more basic cell camera called the Rival. It is on an AT&T Platform though. Use good lithium batteries and get ready to have cell cam fever.