Certainly worth a gander.....but don't delete it just because you don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I can't believe I have to explain all of this to you. Evolution occurs due to the presence of Pokeberries. Once you collect enough pokeberries you are able to evolve into your next form. When God did the flood he also planted a bunch of Pokebushes. Once the animals got off the ark they ate all the pokeberries up and evolved. Now that all those bushes are eaten up there is no more evolution.

This is simple stuff fellas.
Not sure they were able to boil the pokeberry bushes because they must be boiled twice ya know. And nice that you used a big G.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Where did God come from? Show me proof of a God being created out of nothing.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Your premise, as most anyone, is that we are supposed to be able to explain and comprehend supernatural things with our natural mortal brains. And if we can't explain and comprehend, then it didn't happen. That is the problem and a dead end road.

Last edited:
OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Your premise, as most anyone, is that we are supposed to be able to explain and comprehend supernatural things with our natural mortal brains. And if we can't explain and comprehend, then it didn't happen. That is the problem and a dead end road.

Noah's favorite hobby was model ship building? His second favorite hobby was mushroom foraging and licking toads?
Did you see the size of that chicken? - Noah, probably.

Some dinosaurs did have feathers.
I think most people choose to not believe because it would not fit their lifestyle.
Truly sad.
what’s more sad is those that say they do believe but won’t live the lifestyle

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Did you see the size of that chicken? - Noah, probably.

Some dinosaurs did have feathers.

what’s more sad is those that say they do believe but won’t live the lifestyle
Zackly right.

"So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Rev. 3:16

stonewall

WKR
I appreciate the thread at least. Perhaps we can all be respectful to each other?

I’ve struggled with this for a while now. I grew up in the church. Catholic up till about end of high school then baptist church. I once thought a person could just figure out how old the earth is by simply looking at the genealogies in the Bible. Turns out people have done that. From what little I know of carbon dating it’s supposed to be relatively accurate sub 40k years. So just looking at archeology, I can’t get on board with young earth. As to the existence of God - I’d be lying if I said I haven’t questioned things. I hate to say that, it makes for a pretty depressing existence to just live and die. I think I’m in the camp of a lot of the Old Testament is figurative, at least genesis anyway. Evolution in some manner exists, but to think we came from the “big bang” seems a stretch. Yet why is our DNA so similar to apes/monkeys (whatever primate)? That bothers me. When I look around me, I think how can there not be a creator?

Anyway, I don’t know how to put my thoughts in words. But that’s maybe the best I can do. I’m still a believer, but I want to be steadfast in my convictions. Questioning things is unsettling

Here is my question. Ask this. Why would earth seemingly unchanged for several thousand years Why would tectonic plates stop moving in such a way that creates mountains such as Everest stop performing this task. We can not stop it. We can not start it. This should be common and still on going if this was a viable answer.
It it ongoing. It’s just slower than… creationists and flat earthers 😉

Also, are you really arguing that the earth was covered in 5.5 miles of water (referenced to current sea level) and that water just disappeared in 377 days? Where did it go?
Don’t be silly. Jebus drunk it up. With a little help from the Dinomonster he rode around on.

Does it have the prod of empirical adequacy. Can any hole be punched in it.
Put the same two questions to creationism.

1- Who has observed creation?
2- Too many holes can be punched to cover in a silly post in a silly thread about dinosaurs with saddles.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
Yet why is our DNA so similar to apes/monkeys (whatever primate)?
Which begs the question....If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

When I look around me, I think how can there not be a creator?
I couldn't agree more.

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." Romans 1:20

Hoodie

WKR
The Himalayas could not form with slow continental drift but only with rapid continental drift.

Why?

What's the threshold for rapid continental drift? How do you know what speed is sufficient during a collision of things as big as continental plates to create a mountain range?

How tall would the Himalayas be had the converging plates been moving slowly?

How do you explain ongoing, measurable orogeny?

I have so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.