Chaffing help?

*zap*

WKR
Really, the key to dealing successfully with any skin rash issues no matter where they are....feet, butt, groin, thighs, underarms….is prevention, you should know where the trouble areas are for you so keep those spots clean, aired out and well dosed with powder. When you wait for a rash to start before treating it your behind the eight ball and will pay the price for not being diligent with preventive care. Gold Bond extra strength is much better than the regular ….green container not gold and it is also helpful when treating chigger bites.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Your experience and my experience differ. Totally okay. Gotta figure out what works for you. Lotta solutions. Totally sucks getting chafed and a solution is key.

Here is the manscaping thread for fun:

ChrisA

WKR
Gold Bond xtra strength body powder is what I use all year....the extra strength foot powder rocks also. I work in the heat and humidity here all summer...keep some in my truck for use as needed, use it after every shower and every morning when it gets hot. Prevention is where it is at, once it starts to bother you......your behind the 8 ball.
I was an addict of extra strength Gold Bond and eventually figured out the blue bottle foot powder had more menthol in it so I started using it on my junk for a more intense burn. It got to be too much after several weeks and actually caused irritation. Had to switch back to the green bottle. Might just be me but I can't handle to hard stuff.

Chris

Rich M

WKR
Really, the key to dealing successfully with any skin rash issues no matter where they are....feet, butt, groin, thighs, underarms….is prevention, you should know where the trouble areas are for you so keep those spots clean, aired out and well dosed with powder. When you wait for a rash to start before treating it your behind the eight ball and will pay the price for not being diligent with preventive care.

Wall stated.

I'm in FL - think getting sweaty just by walking out of AC 7 or 8 months out of the year. Add an extra 50-75 pounds of useless weight and you have a recipe for rash.

I like the long shorts-like wicking sports underwears - they cut down on retained moisture and friction. Will often towel dry and change when I get back to the truck, too. Not a fan of powders when I'm sweating 4-6 pounds worth of water a day, they work great "up north" where it isn't so humid.

Desitin is the cure I use - diaper stuff for babies. If you have a significant spot of monkey butt, that stuff will cure it in a day or so.

jeepfan

FNG
I have been dealing with chaffing for years. This is the one thing that has stopped it. These briefs act like a jock strap without the straps. I got to the point that I had to try anything to stop it. Might make things a little weird in camp though. I get white to see ticks. They make them in other colors.

Attachments

• Calvin Klein Underwear HIP BRIEF - Briefs - white IM90748.jpg
    Calvin Klein Underwear HIP BRIEF - Briefs - white IM90748.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 62

*zap*

WKR
I do nat at the moment have any chaffing issues but I put on Gold Bond xtra strength body powder this am, just like I do everyday its warm. That's why I have no chaffing issues. Prevention rules chaffing.

ChrisAU

WKR
I used to work in Destin FL getting in and out of salt water constantly all day. The salt would dry in cracks and crevices you didn't know you had, and boom chaffing. We'd be walking around with blood running down our legs some days. The best thing we found was Zinc Oxide paste. Its like a nice waterproof grease for your balls.

1. ExOfficio and make sure that they are long enough to keep your thighs from rubbing
2. Do NOT manscape unless it is a short trip (less than 4 days)
3. Bodyglide is much better than any of the powders
4. Once you have swamp butt you need to shower, dry, and apply Desitin or Neosporin to heal quickly at night

There are two groups that are the experts on damage to delicate areas... Cyclists and babies (sometimes not too dissimilar)
One pre-greases to avoid, and the other powders to prevent then uses cream to treat.
You'll have to experiment a little to find the best brew for you and your cheeks, but I rate DZ-nuts (two wheeled lunatics bum-grease)
And Sudocrem (the pooping, crying units repair kit)
Recommend both to my students and carry a spare tiny sample size Sudocrem to gift to those in agony.

Gold bond and underwear for men (brand name). Gives u a pouch to put your junk in and prevents chaffing.

Mosby

WKR
Do not wear cotton briefs. Staying clean is really important. I have tons of baby wipes in the truck, in camp and always in my pack. When I am camping or scouting, I find Dr. Bonner's Peppermint soap to be effective and it helps reduce chigger and tick bites, when scent isn't a big deal.
When I do get chaffed, I use Boudreaux Max Strength Butt Paste. Desitin is 13% zinc oxide. BBP is 40% zinc oxide. More is better.