Chronograph advice

I have an old f1 chrony that works, but has a tendency to miss shots of not perfectly aligned and I was thinking about getting something a bit newer.

I would like to stay under a couple hundred and would like to have some sort of bench display.

What should I be looking at?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

cmahoney

WKR
I agree with the sporter, that’s what I use. The only bad thing is it’s hanging off your barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
Hadn't looked it the magnetospeed at all, it seems interesting.

There more I think about it I want to be able to shoot handguns through it also. So not sure it would be the answer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Bater

WKR
Problem with the Magnetospeed is you can’t chrono loads while testing accuracy. Would have to load up everything in 2’s for a standard ladder test.

For your price constraints I’d go with ProChrono DLX w/ bluetooth by Competition Electronics

Rich M

WKR
I just picked up a Caldwell chrono. Never used one before.

Put scope on low and center yourself. Worked every time until my dad had to move the gun, had Wierd reading til we centered it again.

Chose the chrono over magneto to use w handguns, pellet guns, and archery. Happy w purchase so far.

brodenh94

FNG
I would get the V3 over the magnetospeed sporter. Yes its about twice the price but the ability to use it with a can, saving strings and the sturdier build was worth it to me.

If you want a ProChrono DLX w/ indoor lighting setup, selling this used only once for $120 + shipping, just got a Labradar

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    633.8 KB · Views: 17

fatbacks

WKR
I’ve had a magnetospeed v3 for a while and it works awesome. Would highly recommend. With three small kids my time is limited for load development so I have a LabRadar on order. Excited to see how they compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
most folks will never need the labradar. like everything else it depends on your use and expectations.

i have had a chrono since they came out and it sets now that i got the labradar. when i shoot i set up the labradar every time. it is that easy. no one will mess with the chrono that much. even the v3 wont be used every time. but they do work fine and do most shooters well------heck, all ya want is final velocity most of the time.

a tip for the chrono-get a laser and remove the bolt and set the laser in the action to align the chrono perfectly every time. it will shine down the barrel just enough to be seen on a hat or hand. and you cant for get to remove it.