Cleaning rimfires

MuleyFever

I know a lot of people fire a lot of rounds through their centerfires without cleaning. Are rimfires any different? Are you seeing long term accuracy without cleaning rimfires?

16Bore

Plated vs. jacketed bullets for starters. 22LR is dirty in general. Cheap ammo even worse. But I shoot a pile of cheap ammo and don’t give a shit. Function stops before the accuracy does on my 10/22’s. Old bolt action head space gets goofy when it gets dirty and sends little dribblers.

Sccritterkiller

I used to get a lot of fouling with lead nose..22...switched to copper it's better but 22 is just dirty. Usually the action stops before accuracy falls off.

jaredg

I will clean an action but quit cleaning centerfire and rimfire barrels a long time ago. I stopped because they shot tighter without cleaning. On my centerfires, when the groups open up, it's time for a new barrel. Just my experience / opinion

rayporter

Competition rimfire shooters dont clean much. they like to go 100 to 200 rounds before cleaning. it takes several to many shots to condition the barrel after cleaning.

Rob5589

I clean my semi autos more than any gun I own. Primarily the action since even good rimfire ammo is fairly dirty.