Clothing needed for early season archery in CO

Luked

WKR
So wanted to get some opinions from you all on what all clothing is needed for an early season archery elk in CO.
This will be my first time out west and I'm trying to get gear ready and the clothing I am a little unsure what is really needed.
I know merino wool is a must but do you all use just base layers and socks. Then go with a lightweight gear like core4 for your outer layers. Is there anything else that would be needed like jackets or anything like that.
Could you all helps out picking some clothing for this time of year and hunt

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I always wear thin merino base layers.....top and bottom. Sometimes all I'm wearing up top is that base layer during the day........it gets hot in the early season. But I also have some thin microfleece mock T's that I wear over the base layer at times under my Microtex tops when it gets cool. I wear Microtex pants over the base layer merino and have never needed more than that during archery. I also have fleece jackets if it gets colder, and a down puffy in my pack if I'm sitting at all in the cold. And rain gear. That's all I've ever needed for clothes during archery season. For early archery, you may not even need the fleece jackets or puffy, but I'd still have them available.

My layering system usually goes:

145/85 merino ss T
230 merino long sleeve 3/4 zip
Hooded puffy
Rain gear.
Attack pant
FL boxers and socks

I also generally bring a 185 LS shirt but it gets used more often as pillow stuffing ha!

I run KUIU clothing if you want to cross reference what I'm wearing.

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Ok thanks fellas. New with all this and not really sure on a lot of it
That helps a lot

KMT

WKR
The weather is typically mild, with lows in the low 30s and highs in the 60s in elk country during early season. But I have had it below 10 degrees and snow two feet in early September. Be ready for anything.

Attack/Ascent pant
185/230 wool shirts
Kelvin/ Super Down vest
Guide/Jetstream jacket
Rain gear
That should cover everything for early season.

charvey9

WKR
My system starts with merino base layer. I have 185 long sleeve top and bottom. Early season, I probably won't wear the bottom much if at all. I also pack a 145 short sleeve merino for hot days, and 230 long sleeve for layering. I don't use any other synthetic top, my merino is all camo and does just fine.

A pair of lightweight pants, and good packable rain gear. Some just pack the rain jacket, but on a nasty day you can get away with rain gear over your base layers and stay perfectly warm and dry while moving. Having a wet ass all day is no fun. I round out my clothing with a puffy jacket for insulation. In the later season I will pack puffy bottoms also.

Although I own every pair of gloves that KUIU makes (got them at a good deal used), I prefer lightweight dextrous gloves. Most mountain bike gloves fall into this category. Just enough coverage to help against biting wind, and offer protection while hiking as you bust through brush, climb rocks, etc. My favorite are the Oakley factor pilot MTB gloves. They are dextrous enough to shoot a bow with, tie your shoes, get into your pack, but not too hot...so I wear them all day every day.