Colorado Backdoor Thread

What about Antelope?

Go to the "Draw Results and Preference Points Page" on the CPW website and enter your info. Scroll down to your current preference points. If a species is listed that you applied for, then the draw hasn't started yet and won't show up in the back door. I applied for deer, elk and pronghorn. My elk point and pronghorn points are showing, but not my deer points. So deer has been drawn, but not elk or pronghorn yet. Once those disappear from your current points then they've begun the drawing for that species. Shortly after that the backdoor will be posted. A 500 number for that species indicates a drawn tag.

jm1607

WKR
Go to the "Draw Results and Preference Points Page" on the CPW website and enter your info. Scroll down to your current preference points. If a species is listed that you applied for, then the draw hasn't started yet and won't show up in the back door. I applied for deer, elk and pronghorn. My elk point and pronghorn points are showing, but not my deer points. So deer has been drawn, but not elk or pronghorn yet. Once those disappear from your current points then they've begun the drawing for that species. Shortly after that the backdoor will be posted. A 500 number for that species indicates a drawn tag.

Awesome, thanx

I got my deer tag. Now I'm hoping this late storm doesn't hammer the animals. We've got branches down all over town.

ericF

WKR
Nothing this morning on my Wells Fargo card. As realunlucky said, "my yearly kick in the nuts" ha ha Ha ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must be thinking of a different state. You already payed CO up front when you applied for the tag. They like to earn interest on all of our money for a couple months.

Thanks for the insight into the early 'know". I was anxious over this draw as it will be the first out of state hunt with my son and we were successful. I am super pumped to be muzzy hunting the high country with him this fall. I love the insight and sharing that this site provides. Take care all.

BigDog00

WKR
I have the dreaded 491 on a unit I should have easily drawn. I will be watching for the statistics to come and see how bad the point creep got this year.

cnelk

WKR
You must be thinking of a different state. You already payed CO up front when you applied for the tag. They like to earn interest on all of our money for a couple months.

Wrong. They cant earn interest on any application money.
The money goes into escrow for disbursement later.

Last edited: