Colorado bullet choices

Tgun46

FNG
I used the federal 350 grain lead bullets this year for elk. I shot my bull at 8 yards so can’t really give a great field report on expansion etc, since it passed through. Had good size exit hole. I’ll keep using them.

Lytro

WKR
I used the federal 350 grain lead bullets this year for elk. I shot my bull at 8 yards so can’t really give a great field report on expansion etc, since it passed through. Had good size exit hole. I’ll keep using them.
That had to be a pretty awesome experience being that close. You had to have put him in a cloud of smoke. Congrats!

I have never killed an elk with Thor’s but have recommended them due to use by others. However, had a friend that said he was not getting expansion on them. Both on bullets he recovered from the shooting range in dirt and on his bull this year. 0.5 inch entrance and exit hole. 80 yard shot so distance wasn’t the problem. His bull Only went only 20 yards, so it worked well on that particular bull....

Our group killed one of the biggest cows I have ever seen with a Federal Copper 270 last year. She didn’t run. It wasn’t a long shot though, within 50 yards or so, I think.

My group has been using them on Muledeer in Colorado and Nebraska for years with great results.

I bought those no excuse bullets for my .54 T/C scout. 90 grains of pyrodex with a wonder wad produces good accuracy at 100 with iron sights. The thump of a 535 grain projo was phenomenal! Yeh my zero POI was 3 inches off but I was hesitant to fiddle **** with it as I knew my hold off.B9C6216E-3E99-4FE4-9D8F-36EC81EDD63F.jpeg

WKR
Conrad, that meets my expectation for an elk load. Would work great.