Colorado Covid requirements?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Good enough...just be wary of out-of-staters telling you what the instate laws do and don't require...

It's not a "law". The governor can't "create or make" law with an EO anymore than the President can. Polis incorrectly stated that it was the law at first, but when several county sheriff's balked at that he back-tracked and then tried to explain it with a bunch of gobbledygook like......."well, it really falls under trespass law". So basically, if a business asks you to wear a mask and you refuse, then you are now a trespasser if you decide to stay in that business. But that's up to every business......not the government. This perceived requirement to force "healthy" people to wear a mask would be unconstitutional. The government can't force you to wear a mask anymore than they can force you to wear a hat.

The other day I checked my O2 level and then put on a mask for only 5 minutes and checked it again. It was 3 points lower in just 5 minutes while sitting on the couch. No wonder I'm hyperventilating when I come out of the supermarket after 10+ minutes.

Ucsdryder

WKR
5 miles is right. He can’t force anyone to wear a mask. He can shut down the state to nonresident hunters though...

It's not a "law". The governor can't "create or make" law with an EO anymore than the President can. Polis incorrectly stated that it was the law at first, but when several county sheriff's balked at that he back-tracked and then tried to explain it with a bunch of gobbledygook like......."well, it really falls under trespass law". So basically, if a business asks you to wear a mask and you refuse, then you are now a trespasser if you decide to stay in that business. But that's up to every business......not the government. This perceived requirement to force "healthy" people to wear a mask would be unconstitutional. The government can't force you to wear a mask anymore than they can force you to wear a hat.

The other day I checked my O2 level and then put on a mask for only 5 minutes and checked it again. It was 3 points lower in just 5 minutes while sitting on the couch. No wonder I'm hyperventilating when I come out of the supermarket after 10+ minutes.

Agree....semantics.

I just want people to abide by the current restrictions of CO while in CO so they don’t try to shove further, more restrictive orders on us. The out of staters that scoff at our requirements get to leave if Polis decides more is needed; Coloradans have to deal with the consequences.

I don’t agree with any of it but I’m willing to abide by such a minimum requirement just to keep businesses open and get past this.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
5 miles is right. He can’t force anyone to wear a mask. He can shut down the state to nonresident hunters though...

I'm not sure he can do that on his own either. Same for shutting down businesses.........

Oh, I don't doubt that he would or will.......it's just that one man doesn't have that kind of Constitutional power.

WTFJohn

WKR
Don't start feeling special bud. I don't follow stupid rules anywhere, not just Colorado. :)

Then by all means, come on out and don't wear a mask, go ahead and have that campfire too. You're responsible, you're going to watch it while it burns then douse it, it's just a stupid rule for other people. No way it turns into a multi-thousand acre wildfire - oh wait, the Williams Fork Fire was human-initiated and is currently over 6,400 acres in 3 days, with no end in sight because firefighting resources are stretched thin across the state with 3 other major fires burning.

It takes 0 effort to leave a bandana or buff around your neck and pull it up when you go inside businesses or other places you can't stay 6 ft from others. You can even tell people you're anti-covid mask and yours is just for smoke, so they know you're on the right side of the mask debate. It's a simple & easy thing you can do to help keep businesses open, on the other side of the counter is a business owner spending 2x+ in cleaning costs and dealing with reduced revenues.

WTFJohn

WKR
I'm not sure he can do that on his own either. Same for shutting down businesses.........

From what I've heard, he can until he can't. It'll take someone with standing to sue to force a definitive answer from the courts if he tries to. I can't imagine that being a quick process, and would be up to the judge to determine if the order was enforced during proceedings. Good time to have lots of tags & get in the woods if you ask me.

Of course this turned into anti masker crackpots spewing about their rights being infringed upon.

FWIW bandanas and buffs have proven to be less effective than no mask, because they capture large droplets which then aerosolize into small droplets.

Then by all means, come on out and don't wear a mask, go ahead and have that campfire too. You're responsible, you're going to watch it while it burns then douse it, it's just a stupid rule for other people. No way it turns into a multi-thousand acre wildfire - oh wait, the Williams Fork Fire was human-initiated and is currently over 6,400 acres in 3 days, with no end in sight because firefighting resources are stretched thin across the state with 3 other major fires burning.

It takes 0 effort to leave a bandana or buff around your neck and pull it up when you go inside businesses or other places you can't stay 6 ft from others. You can even tell people you're anti-covid mask and yours is just for smoke, so they know you're on the right side of the mask debate. It's a simple & easy thing you can do to help keep businesses open, on the other side of the counter is a business owner spending 2x+ in cleaning costs and dealing with reduced revenues.

All jokes and BS aside, I completely understand your point bud. However, at SOME point you finally have to ask yourself “where does it end?”. It’s just one more thing that government has pushed on us and people find ways to justify it and go right along with it. Everyone says “let’s just get thru this and it’ll all be better”. This shit isn’t going away and nothing is going to “get better”. People are simply going to have to accept it for what it is and get the hell on with life. I will not accept wearing a mask everyday as my new norm. If others choose to do so, that is their choice, but I’m not going to have it pushed on me by people, government, business owners, or anyone else.

I’m not trying to convince anyone to be like me. I just wish others would stop trying to convince us to be like them and “obey orders”.

WTFJohn

WKR
All jokes and BS aside, I completely understand your point bud. However, at SOME point you finally have to ask yourself “where does it end?”. It’s just one more thing that government has pushed on us and people find ways to justify it and go right along with it. Everyone says “let’s just get thru this and it’ll all be better”. This shit isn’t going away and nothing is going to “get better”. People are simply going to have to accept it for what it is and get the hell on with life. I will not accept wearing a mask everyday as my new norm. If others choose to do so, that is their choice, but I’m not going to have it pushed on me by people, government, business owners, or anyone else.

I’m not trying to convince anyone to be like me. I just wish others would stop trying to convince us to be like them and “obey orders”.

When I pick my hills to die on, I make sure they are worth it. 1A & 2A issues, public lands, things like that.

Let me know how not 'obeying orders' goes after you ignore speed limits and DUI laws, or how your meal is when you're not wearing shoes or a shirt.

What are you doing to help make things 'get better'? Limiting travel, wearing a mask when needed, abiding by social distancing? Or just screaming go back to normal while you travel to other states? ~1,000 of our fellow Americans die every day from this shit right now, since lunchtime Friday an amount of people equivalent to 9/11 have passed. And it'll happen again by midweek, and then again before the weekend. The total shitshow of a response by all levels of .gov doesn't absolve you of personal responsibility.

Colorado is powered by tourism in a lot of ways; when COVID kicked off in March they closed the ski resorts down for the season, hitting a lot of mountain towns hard. They have been on reduced summer capacity and currently don't know how this winter will work, if at all. The least you can do as a visitor is abide by what our norms are so that we can get back to normal; when you go back to OK we still have to live and work here with whatever you (or any other guest) brought with you.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't believe that wearing masks has anything to do with businesses opening or staying open. I believe it is a political tool to create strife among the population because of an upcoming election. The numbers don't jive with the drum beating of masks doing anything other than divide the voters. I could easily look at the case data in the links, combine that with my own experiences in traveling to some counties and witnessing the lack of mask wearing, and come to the conclusion that mask wearing prevents the Covid. I think the only truth of this is we can't reach herd resistance until most have gotten it. That seems to be the point when "opening businesses" will happen, and relying on homemade masks instead of however many years worth of immunity evolution man has earned comes across as delaying the process.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/case-data

53,200/5700000=.93% infection rate 1770/5700000=.03% death rate in Colorado.

1597679949004.png

167 ventilators in use by Covid patients is 14.5% of the state's supply, and there is still 74% of that supply going unused.

1597680267929.png

“I just want people to abide by the current restrictions of CO while in CO so they don’t try to shove further, more restrictive orders on us. The out of staters that scoff at our requirements get to leave if Polis decides more is needed; Coloradans have to deal with the consequences.”

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever read.
When the bully asked for half your lunch money I bet you gave him all of it just hoping he wouldn’t ask the next day.

“I just want people to abide by the current restrictions of CO while in CO so they don’t try to shove further, more restrictive orders on us. The out of staters that scoff at our requirements get to leave if Polis decides more is needed; Coloradans have to deal with the consequences.”

When the bully asked for half your lunch money I bet you gave him all of it just hoping he wouldn’t ask the next day.
Why are you bullying someone online if you're against bullies? Maybe the person you quoted should stand up to your comment that was unnecessarily personal in nature.

Bhahaha! What are you gonna do, start a civil war over wearing a mask? The bully also says to pay your taxes, drive the speed limit, and stop at red lights. Are you as much of a freedom fighter then as well?

Next time the bully in black and white pulls behind you with red and blue lights on, you just make sure you keep going, you blue-blooded patriot!

If you can't make it 10 minutes in a grocery store without hyperventilating I suggest you seek medical attention.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you can't make it 10 minutes in a grocery store without hyperventilating I suggest you seek medical attention.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Sounds like polis is doing all us elk hunters a favor! We get to wear those oxygen inhibiting masks to get ready for sucking wind on the mountain without having to feel weird being the only one walking around with a mask on.