Colorado Covid requirements?

Why are you bullying someone online if you're against bullies? Maybe the person you quoted should stand up to your comment that was unnecessarily personal in nature.
I didn’t bully anybody. I stayed my opinion, which I think you can still do.
I find this attitude that somehow if we don’t listen and follow their ridiculous rules they’re going to shut down businesses again.

WTFJohn

WKR
I find this attitude that somehow if we don’t listen and follow their ridiculous rules they’re going to shut down businesses again.

Don't like the rules? Don't come here to play the game. I'm sure New Mexico will be happy to have you - oh wait, they have even more strict rules than we do. Maybe you can make a last minute trip to Alaska, just get tested and come back negative within the 72 hours prior to your arrival (don't worry, typical return time on results is running 5+ days right now) or be prepared to quarantine & pay $250 for a test there.

Like it or not, I'm not sure how you can argue that the .gov can't shut things down again. Clearly they did in March and April, less than 6 months ago. Some businesses still aren't at 100% capacity. Would there be hell to pay? Probably, doesn't mean they won't if case numbers spike.

The "lunch money" comment made it personal and that wasn't necessary or productive. You can disagree without taking personal shots.

brsnow

WKR
We have seen the state suspend licenses of businesses not following the rules. Personally I am going to do what I can to support the local businesses.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you can't make it 10 minutes in a grocery store without hyperventilating I suggest you seek medical attention.

Well, I do have asthma. But it's not the asthma or any other medical condition that's causing that.......only the wearing of the mask. Test it for yourself. Don't rely solely on the internet for your facts.

And just like every other risk we face in our lives every single day, "we the people" should be able to make our own decisions based on our own risk assessments for what's best for ourselves and our families.

PantaRhei

FNG
Just don't get tested here to fluff stats lol My buddy and two passengers gave up waiting in line, so didn't get tested after signing in... They got results mailed to them telling them they ALL tested positive lol

Well, I do have asthma. But it's not the asthma or any other medical condition that's causing that.......only the wearing of the mask. Test it for yourself. Don't rely solely on the internet for your facts.

And just like every other risk we face in our lives every single day, "we the people" should be able to make our own decisions based on our own risk assessments for what's best for ourselves and our families.
So a medical professional can wear masks for entire shifts, my sister has done it for 6+ hrs with no problems. But you claim to hyperventilate after 10 minutes. And it's the mask that's the problem?

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Not a correct way to think about this at all IMO. If it was only you who is at risk, that's one thing. But refusing to wear a mask isn't about your health. It's about protecting your fellow Americans.

Right now, we're really finding out who the true patriots are, and all they have to do is put on a face mask every now and then.

I have no idea what to say to someone who would claim they are ready to die for their country, but who can't even be inconvenienced for a few hours to protect their fellow Americans. It defies all logic.

brsnow

WKR

could be a more psychological response you are having.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So a medical professional can wear masks for entire shifts, my sister has done it for 6+ hrs with no problems. But you claim to hyperventilate after 10 minutes. And it's the mask that's the problem?

Like I said........test it for yourself. Without the mask........O2 stays consistent. With the mask.......O2 dropped 3 points in just 5 minutes. I have no idea how anyone wears a mask for any period of time. When I breathe in, the mask sucks in and seals against my nose and mouth. When I breathe out the mask moves out like a balloon. And that's just one of those cheap blue medical ones that come in a box of 50. I'm sure a mesh mask like I see many wearing wouldn't be an issue, but then again........those are doing nothing more than contributing to this new fashion statement.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
But refusing to wear a mask isn't about your health. It's about protecting your fellow Americans.

Really? Because if the masks actually work......... then it's still not an issue because every fellow American has the same liberty to choose whether to wear them or not for THEIR OWN PROTECTION. And if they are that afraid of this virus, they also have the same liberty to choose to stay home. Problem solved.

I have no idea what to say to someone who would claim they are ready to die for their country, but who can't even be inconvenienced for a few hours to protect their fellow Americans. It defies all logic.

Please show me how millions of healthy Americans wearing masks is "protecting their fellow Americans". (Again......if the masks actually work, then they can choose to protect themselves). We have an infection rate below 2% of the entire population. So 98% of Americans are wearing masks to protect their fellow Americans????? THAT defies logic.

Really? Because if the masks actually work......... then it's still not an issue because every fellow American has the same liberty to choose whether to wear them or not for THEIR OWN PROTECTION. And if they are that afraid of this virus, they also have the same liberty to choose to stay home. Problem solved.

Please show me how millions of healthy Americans wearing masks is "protecting their fellow Americans". We have an infection rate below 2% of the entire population. So 98% of Americans are wearing masks to protect their fellow Americans????? THAT defies logic.
Your opinion and science are unfortunately not in agreement here.

At a time like this, we should all be doing whatever we can to protect this nation by limiting the spread of this disease. If we can do something but choose not to, that's not very patriotic.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Your opinion and science are unfortunately not in agreement here.

At a time like this, we should all be doing whatever we can to protect this nation by limiting the spread of this disease. If we can do something but choose not to, that's not very patriotic.

You avoided my question.......for good reason. There is no "logical" answer to explain it all. My opinion matches up exactly with the real science........and even better.......the numbers (probabilities). The thing is........numbers can be skewed, but they don't lie in the end. The science can be made to show whatever they want it to show. In past years, have you always worn a mask during flu season? The flu is very deadly for those people with pre-existing comorbidities........just like Covid-19 is. Yet I'm willing to bet that most all of those people trying to shame others into wearing masks now, weren't wearing them in past flu seasons. But what about caring about your fellow Americans?

Masks either work or they don't..........which is it? At this point it's a toss-up. But even The Great Fauci said that Americans shouldn't be wearing masks........until it got political.

Last edited:
Can’t change a fools mind.

The numbers are what they are because most people are not selfish baffoons and are wearing masks and social distancing. They would be significantly higher if we went the same route as Sweden.

You avoided my question.......for good reason. There is no "logical" answer to explain it all. My opinion matches up exactly with the real science........and even better.......the numbers (probabilities). The thing is........numbers can be skewed, but they don't lie in the end. The science can be made to show whatever they want it to show. In past years, have you always worn a mask during flu season? The flu is very deadly for those people with pre-existing comorbidities........just like Covid-19 is. Yet I'm willing to bet that most all of those people trying to shame others into wearing masks now, weren't wearing them before. But what about caring about your fellow Americans?
Guess we'll have to disagree. The simple physics that explain how atomized water droplets that carry Covid can easily be stopped by a simple face covering seem simple enough to understand, but there are always plenty of sources for "news" these days, and I suppose it depends on what you want to believe as to where you seek your sources.

Covid is not the seasonal flu. And yes, people who get their flu shots every year are in effect, being patriotic by protecting themselves and their fellow Americans.

4rcgoat

WKR
Can’t change a fools mind.

The numbers are what they are because most people are not selfish baffoons and are wearing masks and social distancing. They would be significantly higher if we went the same route as Sweden.
Jury is still out on that one still.

4rcgoat

WKR
Guess we'll have to disagree. The simple physics that explain how atomized water droplets that carry Covid can easily be stopped by a simple face covering seem simple enough to understand, but there are always plenty of sources for "news" these days, and I suppose it depends on what you want to believe as to where you seek your sources.

Covid is not the seasonal flu. And yes, people who get their flu shots every year are in effect, being patriotic by protecting themselves and their fellow Americans.
EXACTLY.....what you choose to believe and where it comes from. Experts??? We shall see.

MattB

WKR
Of course this turned into anti masker crackpots spewing about their rights being infringed upon.

FWIW bandanas and buffs have proven to be less effective than no mask, because they capture large droplets which then aerosolize into small droplets.

That second part is partly false (true on thin, synthetic neck gaiters, not true on bandanas), but I keep reading that on hunting sites.