Colorado Goat

OP
G

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I took a nice goat out of that area in 2005 (when there were like 3 tags!), and helped a buddy with his in 2017. Did you have much issue with other hunters? I see the give out a boat load of tags up there recently.

They break it up into 2, two week seasons. I hunted the first 2 weeks of september. Opening morning a group of guys hiked up past me to the top of electric pass, some guys hiked up the backside and shot one that morning above cathedral lake, and I did talk with a guy on the way in to West Maroon Creek later in the week who was hunting. I didn't really feel like those guys affected my hunt at all though. But, yea there were a few running around.

Rhatter

FNG
They break it up into 2, two week seasons. I hunted the first 2 weeks of september. Opening morning a group of guys hiked up past me to the top of electric pass, some guys hiked up the backside and shot one that morning above cathedral lake, and I did talk with a guy on the way in to West Maroon Creek later in the week who was hunting. I didn't really feel like those guys affected my hunt at all though. But, yea there were a few running around.
My brother and I guided a couple of hunters there in the first couple of weeks. Killed a descent billy opening day and second guy killed a nanny on the second day. Both above cathedral

OP
G

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
My brother and I guided a couple of hunters there in the first couple of weeks. Killed a descent billy opening day and second guy killed a nanny on the second day. Both above cathedral
Were you the guys that shot that billy out of the cliffs and it fell down that scree field? Took several shots to get it down. The group of guys were sorta in a saddle. I was across above cathedral toward electric pass and had seen that goat way up in the cliffs for the previous couple days.

Rhatter

FNG
Were you the guys that shot that billy out of the cliffs and it fell down that scree field? Took several shots to get it down. The group of guys were sorta in a saddle. I was across above cathedral toward electric pass and had seen that goat way up in the cliffs for the previous couple days.
Yes. Myself and the hunter were in the scree slide 250 yards from the goat in the cliffs. My brother and our other hunter were the guys in the saddle to the East. I seen a group of 3 guys hunting along the ridge up towards electric. Was that you?

OP
G

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. Myself and the hunter were in the scree slide 250 yards from the goat in the cliffs. My brother and our other hunter were the guys in the saddle to the East. I seen a group of 3 guys hunting along the ridge up towards electric. Was that you?
No I was by myself down in the rubble field below the cliff walls hoping the goats would come down one of those chutes. Those guys bumped a group of goats from the top that came right to the cliffs above me but they hung up and bedded in the cliffs all day

Rhatter

FNG
No I was by myself down in the rubble field below the cliff walls hoping the goats would come down one of those chutes. Those guys bumped a group of goats from the top that came right to the cliffs above me but they hung up and bedded in the cliffs all day
It’s good country up there

Awesome goat! I have a 2nd season tag this year--would love to pick your brain if you have time.

I've got the same tag.........good luck!