Colorado Leftover/Reissue List

I got a B antelope tag and passed on some decent elk tags.
Still don't assume anything with this system at all. 11am? 11:55am? who knows?
I think a bunch of folks logged out after 11 and when the tags came out later. the few that were still crazy enough to refresh thier computers got tags.

I haven't had very good luck (zero luck) with the reissue process. What is the best way to put yourself in a position to snag these tags as they become available? Is the best way to see when they become available to keep refreshing the leftover list? Or to keep trying to add them to your cart over and over, hoping your timing is right?

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I haven't had very good luck (zero luck) with the reissue process. What is the best way to put yourself in a position to snag these tags as they become available? Is the best way to see when they become available to keep refreshing the leftover list? Or to keep trying to add them to your cart over and over, hoping your timing is right?

Who knows any more. Being very first in line at CPW office tends to work for most folks. Often that means sleeping there over night for highly covated tags. Sitting and refreshing doesn't always work either as half the time your clicking boxes of pictures of cross walks. Fire hydrants. Boats. Cars. Etc. Lucky few get tags but most leave the system pissed off and upset. I've mostly been on the being upset side of things the last many, many years.

cnelk

WKR
I just noticed there are some tags that take more than 5 PPs on the reissue list.

Shouldnt they go to 'next in line'?

Edit:
Never mind... I found the details

5 or More Preference Points​

Returned deer, elk, pronghorn and bear hunt codes that took 5 or more resident preference points to draw, in the current years draw, will be reissued to the next person in the draw order.

• These reissued licenses will require the use of preference points as per regulation if accepted.
  • If one of the first 5 customers contacted, per returned license, do not accept it, the license will then be reissued utilizing the current leftover lists.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Had a elk muzzy tag clicked in. Actually went to the next page and went to add to cart and was gone. So some lucky guy clicked add to cart before me. 10+ point in-state tag. Almost... almost...

Hope some of you guys were successful this go around

Holski

FNG
Started trying at 9 this morning, consistently watching the leftover list and refreshing both. It’s now 11:23 still nothing. I also pay for the leftover watch app and haven’t gotten a notification that it even hit the leftover list so I have no idea!

Jd259

WKR
I picked up a cow tag to go along with the deer tag I picked up on here two weeks ago actually working out pretty good for me this year picked up the cow tag at 11:01 there were three of them on there…

cnelk

WKR
Had a elk muzzy tag clicked in. Actually went to the next page and went to add to cart and was gone. So some lucky guy clicked add to cart before me. 10+ point in-state tag. Almost... almost...

Those were the 2 tags I mentioned earlier.

Somebody scored good

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've seen some Archey tags get put back on the leftover list with only 10 days left in the season. If your flexible and can just pickup and leave on no notice, it's not always bad to wait it out. Downside is you may not hunt or have to go OTC rifle, but there is always a chance.

Buddy of mine picked up a 20+ point tag a few years back with random luck. So it happens.

I'm leaving Wednesday for Archery Elk but I tried to play the game as long as I could. Good luck everyone!

Was there a rollout of tags today? Seemed like they dumped at once.
I will admit, i was busy and couldn't really keep up at work.

Last edited:

sndmn11

WKR
The tag I saw on the reissue list has not hit yet but with only a few mins left I think my chances are slim.
The ones we were looking for never showed on the leftover list either other than two hunt codes. Those hunt codes showed "no quantity" on the purchase screen for about 5 minutes, then went back to "not available for sale".

I was using the em011o1r codes as the canary to see if things were working, but those never showed up either.

The ones we were looking for never showed on the leftover list either other than two hunt codes. Those hunt codes showed "no quantity" on the purchase screen for about 5 minutes, then went back to "not available for sale".

I was using the em011o1r codes as the canary to see if things were working, but those never showed up either.
Weird. Maybe theyll be on the list next week.

Did you just start trying to add it to your cart at 10:45 or 11:00? Or did you wait to see them hit the leftover list.

I struck out again today, just can't figure this process out. I watched every single updated leftover list and the tags I was trying for never showed up.

Fyi I'm not even trying for a high point tag, just trying to hunt something this year, close to home.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk