Compact alternative to binoculars; monocular or small spotter, for light kit bag

Jonoton

FNG
Hi,

I am building out a small and light kit bag for keeping in my truck. I often have opportunities to do some quick hunting while traveling about, and have a bad habit of not keeping the basic equipment handy. To that end, I have a Hill People Gear original kit bag and a 16" Model 7 in .308 that will fit in an under seat storage cubby of my truck.

I am considering a monocular or compact spotter, to keep in a cylindrical pouch attached to the molle webbing on the bottom of the kit bag. The idea here is that I will have a less bulky arrangement than a bino harness attached to the front of the bag, which protrudes farther than I would like in my mock-up tests. My 10x binos take up too much room within the bag itself.

Another benefit of the small spotter in particular is that I can keep a digiscope eyepiece in the bag, and be able to take wildlife pics in the field as well.

So, that all said: does anyone have a recommendation for a worthwhile monocular or compact spotting scope? I am looking for
1. ED glass
2. Less than 10" in length
3. Say 20 ounces or less in weight
4. NOT MADE IN CHINA.

That fourth requirement seems to weed out most of the candidates I habe identified unfortunately. I'd also consider taking apart a half busted pair of binoculars, if I could find such a thing. This isn't meant for glassing on a backcountry hunt, but more in support of opportunistic diversions when I have half a day to spend at a property but did not bring the full kit.

Thank you!

tdhanses

WKR
You might prefer a 6 or 8x vs a 10x, the 10’s will get dim quick with the small objective.