Compact SFP Scopes with Mil or MOA Reticles?

Hunthigh1

WKR
Does this exist from any manufactures other than Nightforce?
I am looking for A 3--9 or 2-10 x 42-ish type scope with capped turrets and an MOA or MIL reticle that is scaled properly at max zoom.
The only option I can find is the Nightforce SHV 2-10X42 with MOAR reticle.

I see that Meopta has an Optika 5 with a reticle that has hash marks but I cant for the life of me figure out what the distances are between the reticle marks at max zoom.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Trijicon Credo 3-9x40.

This is why I love Rokslide! The specs on this scope are almost exactly what I’m looking for! Thank you! That MOA Reticle is pretty good.

The only concern here is I live in Idaho where I can not use illumination. Do you have any experience with illuminated reticles that are turned off? Will I still be able to see it ok?

Thanks for a spot on reccomendation

Reactions: prm

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
This is why I love Rokslide! The specs on this scope are almost exactly what I’m looking for! Thank you! That MOA Reticle is pretty good.

The only concern here is I live in Idaho where I can not use illumination. Do you have any experience with illuminated reticles that are turned off? Will I still be able to see it ok?

Thanks for a spot on reccomendation
You will definitely want to double check this but I think that law was amended and it may be legal now

prm

WKR
Also, this place has good prices and they ship quickly. This is one example, not sure which reticle you’re looking for.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
You will definitely want to double check this but I think that law was amended and it may be legal now
That is correct. Per the Idaho Big Game 2021 Seasons & Rules, Page 100 "it is unlawful to pursue or kill big game animals with any electronic device attached to, or incorporated in, the firearm or scope, except scopes containing battery powered or tritium lighted reticles are allowed."

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Also, this place has good prices and they ship quickly. This is one example, not sure which reticle you’re looking for.

I am looking at the MOA RED reticle.
Have you found that the reticles on these are totally functionally fine to use without the illumination turned on? I have never owned an illuminated reticle scope and noticed that trijicon only warranties their illumination for 5 years. . . Would be a bummer if the illumination failed, battery went dead, or Didnt have time to turn on?

Have you done much dialing with these scopes?

prm

WKR
I have not owned that model. The 2-10x36 Credo needs its illumination. This 3-9 looks to be a bit thicker reticle.

ElPollo

WKR
The Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 also comes with a mil-dot and weighs less than the Credo at about 13 oz. Thats about the lightest mid-power variable that I can find with a mil reticle. The reticle is shown on their website with a giant illuminated center dot which always turned me off on it. But if you look at the specs the dot is only 0.2 mil. Form, the scope chucker, has good things to say about their ability to hold zero too.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
That acupoint looks excellent especially at 13 oz. . . . I think I have decided on the Trijicon Credo 3-9X40 with Red MOA Reticle due to its short compact size and more appropriate price for my application/budget. Thanks for the tips all.