Concealed carry?

I have had my concealed carry for 5 years and it’s time to renew.Now we dont need it because we can open carry and almost all states i would visit is the same.
Any reason to give them my money again?
Just seems like a waste unless I’m traveling all over the us.

Tod osier

WKR
I have had my concealed carry for 5 years and it’s time to renew.Now we dont need it because we can open carry and almost all states i would visit is the same.
Any reason to give them my money again?
Just seems like a waste unless I’m traveling all over the us.

There are states that only allow you to carry if you have a permit from your home state. Colorado is one, I believe.

Are you confusing open carry with constitutional carry? I ask because in my state we could always open carry (like in a holster on a belt in plain view) but used to require a CC permit to conceal. Now we can conceal w/o permit due to constitutional carry.

Always carry concealed regardless of permitting or constitutional carry laws.

Constitutional carry means you can conceal without a permit. Open carry means you don't need a license to carry unconcealed.

OP
C
Constitutional carry,i never carry open.
Texas,Arkansas,Missouri and Oklahoma is we’re im concerned with.
Dosnt help with buying guns in Oklahoma.

Attachments

• 153890A8-EC67-4861-99CC-F97C8BD990E4.jpeg
    153890A8-EC67-4861-99CC-F97C8BD990E4.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 131

Billogna

Lil-Rokslider
You need to check your laws and see where you are covered by constitutional carry. In Mo we always had open carry in any publicly owned space except government buildings, schools etc. Constitutional carry allowed us to carry in these same spaces only now you could conceal the weapon. A concealed carry permit allows the owner to carry in more places that would not be allowed under constitutional carry, like restaurants and stores that are not posted prohibited.

i would renew it simply because its probably less than a 100 bucks. or at least it is in NC. And if you get pulled over in another state and the cop wants to be a prick if they are right or wrong about you conceal carrying. If you have it they will likely give you a lot less problems.

Bluefish

WKR
Many Constitutional carry states only apply to state residents. If out of state you need a carry permit from your home state. Also saves a background check in many states. I would keep it if you have it.

It’s always nice to have, you never know when you might want to conceal carry in another state. Plus I like the benefits of having one when I buy a firearm it doesn’t take as long.

Luked

WKR
Missouri where i live is a Constutional carry state also. I have had my CCW for years and keep it jsut for the fact that there are multiple states that do not have Constotunial carry. You may only Constutional carry in states that have it. So for me i keep my CCW up to date as I carry everywhere. I am not a fan of Open carry at all. To each their own but if im going to carry I dont want anyone knowing i am

VernAK

WKR
I can buy a gun, fill out the 4473 form and leave with my gun while others without CCW are waiting or returning to the store in hopes their background check came through.