Concealed carry?

Tick

WKR
I keep current for travel to reciprocal states. In my state, the permit also allows you to legally carry in several places not allowed by constitutional carry.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
Not sure about Oklahoma but in Utah, if you let your CC expire, you have to retake the class and start everything over to get a new one. Even though we have constitutional carry now, I will renew mine just so I dont have to redo it if things change. It also saves on the background here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
And let's not forget that interaction with LE, say during a traffic stop, should put the POPO's mind at ease just a little bit knowing that you have a CCW. I read somewhere (I know, I know...source) that CCW holders simply do not commit serious crimes. Something like 1/10 of 1/10 of 1%.

Eddie

FYI - There are states that allow a CC permit to qualify for a background check when purchasing a firearm.
Agreed. In Idaho my CC card makes buying a gun as easy as buying a coke at the gas station. Only other hassle is the idiot test form.

But I don’t buy guns and if I did they all got lost when my last house burned down.

Keep your CCW updated. Even if you can open carry or constitutional carry it's a wise idea to keep it updated. I'm with the others too in that I don't like open carry. It makes you an immediate target. Having the permit does make it a lot simpler to purchase a firearm. I also believe it shows that you are more responsible carrying concealed just by the fact that you do have the permit and you do keep it updated. Makes me think that you also practice when you can and enough so that you stay proficient with your weapon of choice. It's not a big deal to do it so I would recommend keeping your permit updated. That's just my take-away on it.

BBob

WKR
Like others I keep it for reciprocity and because it bypasses the NICS check (at least where I live).

WKR
And let's not forget that interaction with LE, say during a traffic stop, should put the POPO's mind at ease just a little bit knowing that you have a CCW. I read somewhere (I know, I know...source) that CCW holders simply do not commit serious crimes. Something like 1/10 of 1/10 of 1%.

Eddie
100%. I also heard somewhere that just about 50% of LEOs had a lower-than-average knowledge of gun laws when compared to their peers. A CCW just reduces the chances of being hassled even if you're legal without it.

Keep it for other states for me. And it makes buying a new gun easier. Also would probably not hurt your case at all if you ended up having to use a gun for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBrim

WKR
May not apply in other places, but in UT a CCP was the only way to legally carry a pistol when bow hunting. Ive been followed by cats enough I like to have the option.
*granted that may be an outdated point with the constitutional carry law change…

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Judged by 12 or carried by 6? I will let you answer that question in whatever state you are in.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk